Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lisa Mitchel - Spiritus. Can you make sense of this clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lisa Mitchel - Spiritus. Can you make sense of this clip?

I'm a recently converted fan of Lisa Mitchell thanks to my sound engineer who has a MASSIVE crush on her. :lol: She's just a young one yet but is creating some very pretty and expressive music. She recently released an album called 'Bless This Mess' which she performed in various cathedrals nationally. I'm unsure of her spirituality, but she has said in interviews she practises breathing that helps her to focus on life in her breath. Sounds a lot like the conversation that goes on in my yoga classes! Anyway, I love this clip. But I'm certain there's a lot more going on in this clip than I can make sense of only seeing through my Christian eyes. Just wondering what everyone thinks. I'll include the lyrics because she can be very difficult to understand.

Heart is lost,
    Like a lost little one
    I can't stop thinking
    There's something I forgot

Won't forget you,
    Won't forget you.

Young One,
    There's a big Sun!
    And my Love
    Shines on!

Hopelessness,
    Well, it's over now
    S P I R I T U S
    You stay with me, somehow

Won't forget you,
    Won't forget you.

Young one
    There's a big Sun!
    And my Love
    Shines on!

Re: Lisa Mitchel - Spiritus. Can you make sense of this clip?

Is she not a native English speaker? Or does she just get creative with it when she's singing?

I'm interested to hear more, so I'll be doing a YouTube search.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of the nineties.

Comment

Re: Lisa Mitchel - Spiritus. Can you make sense of this clip?

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
      Is she not a native English speaker? Or does she just get creative with it when she's singing?
      She was born in England and grew up in South Australia's Albury-Wadonga... It's more annoying than anything else. I'm not sure if it's a habit from shyness, but it is something I'd like to see her change. IMO if you've got something to say, don't mumble about it.

Comment

Working...
      X