sword blessing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sword blessing?

I have dual swords and id like to know if there is a combinition curs blessing that would work for single edged dual swords if not then a suitable blessing for the two

Re: sword blessing?

I suppose any blessing for a tool or object would suffice. Don't really know what you would curse them for unless you are giving them away, (or one of them?) There may be some sword specific blessings in shinto traditions, and other traditions where sword practice was part of everyday life. I am not familiar with those however.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Cursing a sword does add spiritual strength to the weapon but at a cost

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothemaniac View Post
        Cursing a sword does add spiritual strength to the weapon but at a cost
        Learning to use it correctly adds much more, and without the cost. Don't rely on magic to save your butt in a fight
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

No cost is too high to high to make a sword supernaturally durable. I would like to do it, even if I have to spil my own blood for that.
          Also, I would like to use a curse as a safety feature. I would like to design it to make the thief slit his own throat, wipe his blood, resheat it and put it back on it's stand.
          In a fight, I would always rely on my Bujinkan training, rather than on magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Muramasa View Post
            Also, I would like to use a curse as a safety feature. I would like to design it to make the thief slit his own throat, wipe his blood, resheat it and put it back on it's stand.
            Dunno a curse that will do this for you. Sorry

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Do you live in the real world?

Mostly art.

Comment

I have almost no knowledge about magic, so maybe I expect too much.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothemaniac View Post
                  I have dual swords and id like to know if there is a combinition curs blessing that would work for single edged dual swords if not then a suitable blessing for the two
                  First off, why do you need to bless a sword that doesn't seem to be used for ritual purposes, and why do you need two?

- - - Updated - - -

I have almost no knowledge about magic, so maybe I expect too much.
                  Or maybe you should get off your butt and learn something. Asking about curses shows your foolishness. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMind View Post
                    First off, why do you need to bless a sword that doesn't seem to be used for ritual purposes, and why do you need two?

[.
                    Whoa, LM. Warriors ritually blessed their swords before battles, and nevermind that aside, why doesn't he need a sword? And why not two? I quite enjoy fighting florentine (the italian method of fighting with two swords at once). It's good exercise, and a good skill to have.

I DO disagree about thieves stabbing themselves in the night, but I don't disagree with the actual act of owning a few swords.

Or maybe you should get off your butt and learn something. Asking about curses shows your foolishness. Good luck.
                    When someone admits they don't know something, you don't attack them. You teach them. Your own harshness shows your foolishness.

Mostly art.

Comment

No cost is too high to high to make a sword supernaturally durable. I would like to do it, even if I have to spil my own blood for that.
                      In a fight, I would always rely on my Bujinkan training, rather than on magic.
                      While I really like to come down on people like you, I'm going to hold back.

[Abuse: Snipped

Courtesy of Chain ]

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      Whoa, LM. Warriors ritually blessed their swords before battles, and nevermind that aside, why doesn't he need a sword? And why not two? I quite enjoy fighting florentine (the italian method of fighting with two swords at once). It's good exercise, and a good skill to have.

I DO disagree about thieves stabbing themselves in the night, but I don't disagree with the actual act of owning a few swords.
                      Fair enough. I was asking him a question. For someone who in the next line attacks me for being harsh, you're pretty harsh yourself, you know that? Probably be good to follow your own advice, yeah?

Last edited by ChainLightning; 02 Mar 2013, 20:18.

Comment

Personal attacks are not allowed. Everyone go back to talking about blessing swords. Anything else is not allowed.
                        [4:82]

Comment

My (main) sword is a katana forged from 1065 high carbon German steel, differentially hardened, a decent blade that cuts well and can block a blow.
                          I don't claim I'm a ninja, yet. I'm a Bujinkan practitioner and I'm training hard to become one. I just have no knowledge about magic.

I know how biology works, but I thought it could be overriden with a powerfull curse.

Comment

I know how biology works, but I thought it could be overriden with a powerfull curse.
                            Opinions on that are mixed at best. Generally curses involve getting the universe to arrange things that are physically possible instead of blatantly supernatural.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My (main) sword is a katana forged from 1065 high carbon German steel, differentially hardened, a decent blade that cuts well and can block a blow.
                              I don't claim I'm a ninja, yet. I'm a Bujinkan practitioner and I'm training hard to become one. I just have no knowledge about magic.

Most magic just is not designed to work that way is all (I say most as I am not going to claim I know everything about magic or curses.)
                              While I have cursed before, I have never done anything quite like what you are asking for and I have never blessed a sword. But as far as blessings go, I do not see whay a simple one meant for any sort of thing (home, people, cooking pots) couldn't be slightly modified to include swords. Most people I know write their own spells, as they are very personal, and how it wiould be done would vary based on the tradition.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                              X