Thread: Ostara 2013

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Re: Ostara 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    I guess I assumed they were held in place with something, I don't think if they were straight out of the box tapers they would stand at all, right?
    I love the concern over my candles, lol. They are stuck to the dresser top with wax. They're fine, I'm rather rough getting clothes out of the dresser (to the point that periodically, I have to rearrange certain statues) and they haven't fallen over. I do make sure not to leave those ones burning unless I'm in the room though.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Mar 2013
    Religion
    Neo-Wiccan Angelolator
    Phrase
    "I saw Uriel smile. Once."

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I love the concern over my candles, lol. They are stuck to the dresser top with wax. They're fine, I'm rather rough getting clothes out of the dresser (to the point that periodically, I have to rearrange certain statues) and they haven't fallen over. I do make sure not to leave those ones burning unless I'm in the room though.
    Phew! That's good, at least. Don't have the proper holders for them, I assume? I have a ridiculous amount of holders on my end.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTraditions View Post
    Phew! That's good, at least. Don't have the proper holders for them, I assume? I have a ridiculous amount of holders on my end.
    Don't want holders. I don't always have that many candles up there, and I move a lot, so I can't really be bothered to own too much.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Radical Pagan
    Phrase
    Get s'more toilet paper.

I haven't set up my altar yet, but I do know that I'll be transplanting the holly seen on my Solstice altar outside. I'll probably cook something, too. Maybe spice cookies.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Ostara happens to be Chicadee's bday, and we are having a sleepover and a mermaid party the weekend before...at home we will have a small ritual and plant some things.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Aug 2012
    Religion
    animist hedge witch.
    Phrase
    Even if you're only a boy, you can fight like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    Ostara happens to be Chicadee's bday, and we are having a sleepover and a mermaid party the weekend before...at home we will have a small ritual and plant some things.
    *sigh* I wish I could still have mermaid parties...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Apr 2005
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

The night before the equinox I'm going to do a bit of simple baking, boil and color some eggs, that sort of thing. The morning of the equinox I get up early and go out to watch the sun rise. It's nothing really fancy, just burning some incense and making some offerings/having a shared meal, make a few personal prayers. I also have some seeds for the garden to bless, and I might start them indoors then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    My altar is already decorated (if I wish for Spring hard enough, will it come?)
    That was my thought when I was setting up my spring altar, even though it was snowing outside...

I used a bunch of fake glittery flowers because there are no real flowers growing yet, and while I usually try to keep things more in season, I am getting a little impatient. The eggs in the cup were hollowed out and washed to make charms out of at some point. Might include that in my Ostara celebration, but I might also wait until later in the spring for that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spring2013.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	1508  

Oct 2012
    Religion
    pragmatic monism
    Phrase
    "Everything not forbidden is compulsory" - TH White

I began spring cleaning at the end of February and conclude at Equinox.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Aug 2012
    Religion
    animist hedge witch.
    Phrase
    Even if you're only a boy, you can fight like a girl!

I finally got the altar up, and yeah had way too much stuff, but I have an awesome window to keep it by!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altar.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	1512
    Sorry for crappy phone pic
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenia View Post

That was my thought when I was setting up my spring altar, even though it was snowing outside...

I used a bunch of fake glittery flowers because there are no real flowers growing yet, and while I usually try to keep things more in season, I am getting a little impatient. The eggs in the cup were hollowed out and washed to make charms out of at some point. Might include that in my Ostara celebration, but I might also wait until later in the spring for that.
    I LOVE the painted eggs! Especially the one on the right

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    I finally got the altar up, and yeah had way too much stuff, but I have an awesome window to keep it by!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altar.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	1512
    Sorry for crappy phone pic
    It's too teeny tiny for me to see well, but it looks like a nice place to put it

Mostly art.