Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ostara 2013

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Ostara happens to be Chicadee's bday, and we are having a sleepover and a mermaid party the weekend before...at home we will have a small ritual and plant some things.
    *sigh* I wish I could still have mermaid parties...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The night before the equinox I'm going to do a bit of simple baking, boil and color some eggs, that sort of thing. The morning of the equinox I get up early and go out to watch the sun rise. It's nothing really fancy, just burning some incense and making some offerings/having a shared meal, make a few personal prayers. I also have some seeds for the garden to bless, and I might start them indoors then as well.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      My altar is already decorated (if I wish for Spring hard enough, will it come?)
      That was my thought when I was setting up my spring altar, even though it was snowing outside...

I used a bunch of fake glittery flowers because there are no real flowers growing yet, and while I usually try to keep things more in season, I am getting a little impatient. The eggs in the cup were hollowed out and washed to make charms out of at some point. Might include that in my Ostara celebration, but I might also wait until later in the spring for that.
      Attached Files
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I began spring cleaning at the end of February and conclude at Equinox.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I finally got the altar up, and yeah had way too much stuff, but I have an awesome window to keep it by!

Click image for larger version

Name:	altar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	351669
          Sorry for crappy phone pic

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post

That was my thought when I was setting up my spring altar, even though it was snowing outside...

I used a bunch of fake glittery flowers because there are no real flowers growing yet, and while I usually try to keep things more in season, I am getting a little impatient. The eggs in the cup were hollowed out and washed to make charms out of at some point. Might include that in my Ostara celebration, but I might also wait until later in the spring for that.
            I LOVE the painted eggs! Especially the one on the right

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            I finally got the altar up, and yeah had way too much stuff, but I have an awesome window to keep it by!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1512[/ATTACH]
            Sorry for crappy phone pic
            It's too teeny tiny for me to see well, but it looks like a nice place to put it

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              It's too teeny tiny for me to see well, but it looks like a nice place to put it
              The sad thing is that the file itself is huge, and this is the version that the computer will allow me to post... I need some photo editing software...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Most computers have Paint built in. It's not particularly great as an editor but it has some of the basic features. Paint.net can be found online, has a couple more features and was free a couple of years ago.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Most computers have Paint built in. It's not particularly great as an editor but it has some of the basic features. Paint.net can be found online, has a couple more features and was free a couple of years ago.
                  I know, but I can neigther download anything or access paint at work :P but I appreciate the suggestion.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Name:	0309130552.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	351671Simmer pot

Name:	0311131745.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	351672Our altar
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I know its a bit early but two weeks ago I started to plant seeds.

I went out to buy Basil seeds and Tomato seeds but came home with two packs of Marigold seeds aswell. Of all the different sorts I could chosse from I chosed Marigold. Plantet those seeds with more Love and Caring than I usually does. One week ago I came back from the Doctor with the date of when my baby is going to get borned. 10th og august. Two days went by, then I suddenly remembered that my baby girl will be borned in the Zodiac sign Leo! Since Im not into all of the Zodiac signs, I opened my book to find out that the Flower sign of Leo is MARIGOLD! Wow! Aff all the seed I could choose, I chose Marigold unknowing of the Zodiac sign to my unborned child - THATS a sign!

And thats the reason behind my nickname.

On the day of Ostara Im gonna make Lunch to some of my friend. Not shure what the meny will be jet thoug. And I've already started to decorate my home with candles and eggs.

Comment

curses.
                        I was planning to do an outdoor ritual, but in Denmark we are currently having one of the coldest march months for many years.
                        metherologist say, that we might even have a strong snowstorm on Ostara.
                        should I do my ritual outdoors in the storm (it would be sort of nice, feeling the awesome power of nature against one's body whilst praising it),
                        or should I do it inside? it would be pretty hard to keep candles lit during a storm..

any advice?
                        love and blessings from Denmark

Comment

I'm really very excited about Ostara this year! I'm planning on planting some herbs and going for a long walk

Comment

Loving all the pictures :-) It's always nice to gain inspiration from fellow witches!

Comment

It will be my second ritual with the coven. We are planning to decorate eggs before hand, and will then bless and exchange them within the ritual itself Afterwards we are planning our first pot-luck sit down meal as a group.
                              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I already celebrated with my coven this last weekend. We did a simple ritual about "growing" that which we want to see happen this year....and of course, the annual egg hunt for adults and kids!

Comment

Working...
                                X