Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabbat and Esbat Incense

I wasn't sure where this would go, so if it needs to be moved, sorry ^^;

For those who make their own incense for rituals and holidays, I have a few questions out of curiosity;

What is the most frequently-used herb you use?

Do you add oils to your blend?

What blend (if any) will you be creating for the Spring Equinox?

Re: Sabbat and Esbat Incense

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
    There isn't a single one that I use much more than others for everything, it really depends a lot on the season/occasion.

I do for some blends, but not most of them.

I'm still playing around with the proportions, but it's a blend of lavender, orris, mint, and lemon peel,
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Frankincense and myrrh nearly always end up in my blends. I also use sandalwood and cinnamon a lot.

Sometimes I add essential oils, usually the oil form of something that's already in the blend to amplify it. Sometimes I will use tinctures to make the incense more uniform, in both intention and consistency.

For the Equinox, my blend will probably include sandalwood, myrrh, lavender, orris root, and jasmine. If the forsythias blossom by then I'll probably add one of those, too.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
        I wasn't sure where this would go, so if it needs to be moved, sorry ^^;

For those who make their own incense for rituals and holidays, I have a few questions out of curiosity;

I don't use incense anymore, it bothers the allergies....instead I make a simmer pot. For Ostara, I'm not quite decided on anything yet, but I'm mainly going with cleansing herbs and spring wildflowers in my head. Right now, I have a pot full of grass and dried roses (from my V-day bouquet), some grapefruit oil and lemon peel, powdered rosemary and lemon balm on the stove.

Samhain is more like...pumpkin pie and mulling spices with some dragons blood type of scents, Litha is straight up sunny and fire herbs, Beltane is roses and jasmine and stuff like that, and Yule is pine and cranberry and orange and cinnamon, clove, etc.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X