Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversation with a White Pine

Blessings,

This was my first sacred plant ritual. I approached a baby pine, sat down, offered water and tobacco, and told the little guy my intentions to get to know him and learn. Sitting down listening: the pine was open to a relationship. Offering more water, I smudged myself and the area, cleared my mind, and shared my pipe with him. This is a record of my conversation with him.

How do you stay green in the winter?
    My leaves are folded tightly together like a samurai sword. I conserve my energy, using it only when necessary. I do not flaunt my stuff, but humbly grow tall, strong, and live long.

Who do I call - who do I invite?

Where does sickness come from?

Relations

Joints Soak
    • Bark of Eastern White Pine (Soft Feather)
    • Flowers from Arnica
    • Leaves from Mint
    • Root from Ginger
    • Fruit of Cherry

Incense
    • Sap on hot coals
    • To make raw resin more like amber you have to heat it till the pure resin rises. The best way I have found to do this is to get a thin piece of metal and create an indention where the raw resin is placed. Then set it up so that you can have a candle burning under it. As it heats up the resin will start to melt, separating from the bark and other stuff. Decant melted resin on a plate or something else you do not mind being made sticky. Put plate in freezer for a few moments and then chip resin off the plate into some receptacle.

Drink
    • Pine Needle Tea

Skin Oil
    • Olive Oil
    • Inner Bark
    • Calendula
    • Comfrey Root

Deodorant
    • Put refined resin into a double boiler; add oil, preferably oil that does not have a strong smell itself. Melt resin into oil. Take little bit of mix on knife or spoon, place in freezer for a few moments to get the consistency you desire. You want it somewhere around the thickness of molasses.

Crafts

A Few Experiences
Working...
X