Expanding my divination skills, willing to do a few readings for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding my divination skills, willing to do a few readings for free

So I've been trying to learn the runes lately, and a new type of divination (err, old...new to me) called Homeric Oracle and I'm willing to do a few free readings for people to help me learn them. If there's no interest, that's cool, and if there is a crazy amount of interest, I'll do readings in order of askance, until I don't have time to do it, or I get bored with it.

So yeah, I guess, uhm...

pick a form of divination.
    give me a question/issue.

Mostly art.

Re: Expanding my divination skills, willing to do a few readings for free

OOOH!

Homeric Oracle...question: I have an economically awesome job opportunity that conflicts with keeping the job I have (and love), should I go for it (because the money is really good and the job isn't terrible) or should I stay where I am?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Ooh, ooh, me too, me too!
      And I'd like to see the Homeric Oracle, too

All the oracles I read keep telling me to 'find my Passion'... Which direction should I go in to find said passion? Any particular field or activity type?
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        OOOH!

Homeric Oracle...question: I have an economically awesome job opportunity that conflicts with keeping the job I have (and love), should I go for it (because the money is really good and the job isn't terrible) or should I stay where I am?
        I've actually never tried this method on myself yet, so I used you as my test subject. How I do this might change a bit over time.

So I took three readings, two from The Odyssey, and one from the Iliad, to make up your answer:

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 203, line 5:

"but sit at home with her eyes never free from tears"

Homer, The Iliad, Page 66, line 21:

"the warrior Menelaus fight a duel, between the two armies"

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 125, line 18:

"plenty of livestock; and they kept on drinking and butchering"

How I interpret this is this: you are in conflict between which job to choose, but despite a decrease in happiness, perhaps going for the financially beneficial job might be more preferred, at least for the time being.

You are, of course, welcome to interpret those lines as you see fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
        Ooh, ooh, me too, me too!
        And I'd like to see the Homeric Oracle, too

All the oracles I read keep telling me to 'find my Passion'... Which direction should I go in to find said passion? Any particular field or activity type?
        Doing yours, Perze, was really confusing. This is actually my second attempt, because my first attempt didn't make any sense.

Homer, The Iliad, Page 464, line 14:

"but belongs to the branch of the younger line of Dardanus"

*in reference to Aeneas, son of Aphrodite and prince Anchises, coming from the line of Dardanus, son of Zeus and Electra. He was a trojan hero, and credited as the founder of what would become ancient Rome.

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 25, line 21:

"have set your heart on. For am I not your father's friend"

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 34, line 12:

"we agree when, with our good sense and judgement, we"

*note: originally rolled the title page, "the odyssey"

How I interpret this is this: You should look deep inside of yourself to find your passion. I feel like my 'random mistake' of getting the title page for The Odyssey suggests that finding your passion will incur some kind of journey, whether it be of the heart and soul, or of the body. When you come across it, you will know. Whatever your passion is, look upon noble paths, and follow in the line of heroes (however your heart interprets that)

That's honestly the best I can do. Does it at least make a little bit of sense?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Doing yours, Perze, was really confusing. This is actually my second attempt, because my first attempt didn't make any sense.

Homer, The Iliad, Page 464, line 14:

"but belongs to the branch of the younger line of Dardanus"

*in reference to Aeneas, son of Aphrodite and prince Anchises, coming from the line of Dardanus, son of Zeus and Electra. He was a trojan hero, and credited as the founder of what would become ancient Rome.

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 25, line 21:

"have set your heart on. For am I not your father's friend"

How I interpret this is this: You should look deep inside of yourself to find your passion. I feel like my 'random mistake' of getting the title page for The Odyssey suggests that finding your passion will incur some kind of journey, whether it be of the heart and soul, or of the body. When you come across it, you will know. Whatever your passion is, look upon noble paths, and follow in the line of heroes (however your heart interprets that)

That's honestly the best I can do. Does it at least make a little bit of sense?
          Hrmmmm, I must ponder it.

Thank you for the reading! I wasn't sure what to expect from it
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

It sounds like a long road with no beginning or end. Begins with "we", and ends with a stalled sentence. What do "we" do? Especially since the title page was simply "The Odyssey", denoting a long journey.

Sorry to hijack. I can't help but see the confusion there, myself.

- - - Updated - - -

For myself, if you would be so kind: Homeric.
            Question: What do I have to do in order to realize my dream of owning my own business?

Comment

Hmm, okay. If you would, ask the Oracle for me, What can I do to feel more comfortable around people, in both social and business situations?
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Volcaniclastic thank you. If you could choose the form of divination for me. I am feeling ungrounded in music at the moment. It's a big part of my life and I'd like some affirmation or sense of direction in this.

Comment

With regard to 'the Odyssey' coming up in a reading (rather than a specific line) remember that it wasn't an endless journey, but a homecoming. And the themes of homecoming are repeated throughout the work. So maybe the journey is geographically, emotionally or in some other way connected with that?
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Could you do a rune reading for me? (just to mix it up a bit) and ask if the classes I am trying to get into are really going to be worth it, It is a long way but I think they will get me to where want to be, I just don't want to start more classes that are going to end with me being miserable again.
                    Smack me if my question is hard to ask... I've been trying to think of a way to phrase it for a few days... and all I get when I read for myself is a mess of mixed messages and fuzz.
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

With regards to anything concerning Homer, you could find it useful to make a note not only of the lines, but also which book they appear in. Each book of the Iliad and the Odyssey has a different theme and this may also be helpful. For example, on the subject of homecomings (nostoi) there are different types - the type that Odysseus hopes to have, and the type he fears (e.g. the type that Agamemnon had - he was murdered).
                      You find these polarities throughout the text and they could help with interpretations. Just a thought! I think it's a lovely idea to offer these readings!
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'll try and get to these today sometime and post them up!

Mostly art.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not doing these in order. I've had a bad couple of days, and it's hard to do the homeric oracle unless it's got my full attention. Rune readings are easier, it turns out. I'll get to everyone though, I promise!

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          Could you do a rune reading for me? (just to mix it up a bit) and ask if the classes I am trying to get into are really going to be worth it, It is a long way but I think they will get me to where want to be, I just don't want to start more classes that are going to end with me being miserable again.
                          Smack me if my question is hard to ask... I've been trying to think of a way to phrase it for a few days... and all I get when I read for myself is a mess of mixed messages and fuzz.
                          It took me a few minutes to really sort out what it was you were trying to ask of me. I'm noticing I'm having an easier time reading for people I know better in person too (most of my divination practice throughout the years has been on myself, so I haven't had much of a chance to practice reading for others. But I suppose that is the point of this.

Anyhow, this is the reading I did for you, Maria.

Three Rune Layout:

Overview: Inguz
                          - internal growth, common sense, freedom to move in a new direction, listen to yourself. No anxiety.
                          Course of Action: Jera
                          - results of earlier efforts are realized. Fruitful season, break through stagnancy, hopes of prosperity, promise of success earned.
                          Outcome: Eihwaz
                          - strength, reliability, enlightenment, endurance. Sense of purpose, reasonable target with achievable goals.

I take this to mean that your current life is comfortable, not necessarily in the sense of ease, but in the sense of familiarity, and the choice to go back to school is yours (obviously). I do think, however, that nothing but good will come of trying to get into these classes you want (whatever they may be), and that it will be a refreshing change in your life, and give you a sense of purpose, and a passion to continue in a different direction.

In the words of the internet: "you can joooooooo it"

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                          Volcaniclastic thank you. If you could choose the form of divination for me. I am feeling ungrounded in music at the moment. It's a big part of my life and I'd like some affirmation or sense of direction in this.
                          Three Rune Layout (+ 1)

Tiwaz
                          - knowing where one's strength's lie, willingness to sacrifice, victory and success
                          Thurisaz, Merkstave
                          - danger, defenselessness, dullness
                          Uruz, Merkstave
                          - weakness, sickness, obsession
                          +1: Inguz
                          - gestation, internal growth, caring, human warmth, home. listen to yourself, free to move in new directions.

Ignoring the severe nature of some of the words in the reading, I think that you greatly love music, and it's an important part in your life (as you said). You exhibit a willingness to sacrifice yourself for your passion. I think what is meant by the two merkstave runes is that choosing music as your main passion in life (or as your career, perhaps) would be a poor choice, and that you won't gain much by sacrificing yourself to it. If that is all I drew, then I would say you should keep music as a hobby, but not pursue it as something more. However, as I was drawing, a fourth rune fell from the bag, and it tells me that despite all this, your love of music could overcome boundaries, and sticking with music will help you grow as a person.

I think the road will be long, and it will be hard, but that perhaps you could benefit from it in the end.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thanks, Volcaniclastic ^.^

Comment

I really want to ask for a rune reading but I just not know what I want o ask or how to word my question. Is it possible to just ask for what the runes want to tell me? Let them blurt out whatever?
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                              X