Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expanding my divination skills, willing to do a few readings for free

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I really want to ask for a rune reading but I just not know what I want o ask or how to word my question. Is it possible to just ask for what the runes want to tell me? Let them blurt out whatever?
    I've never done a reading like that, but yeah, I can totally give it a shot.

Mostly art.

Comment

Can I have a question answered with the Homeric Oracle?

Here it goes: What do I need to do in order to get the girl I like to like me?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Using Homer for divination seems to have been quite common within the ancient world too - it was one of the 'sortes' methods and very persistent. Early Church missionaries preached against divination by sortes (sometimes using the Bible, believe it or not) right into the middle ages.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMind View Post
          For myself, if you would be so kind: Homeric.
          Question: What do I have to do in order to realize my dream of owning my own business?
          Homer, Iliad, book xiv, line 362
          'Sleep then went off to ply his business with the famous'

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit startled to get 'business' in the line of a question asking about 'business'. Mrs. P's suggestion of looking into which book each line comes from is brilliant. This line comes from a book called "Zeus Overmanuevered", and is about how Hera strikes a deal with the God of Sleep to help Poseidon and the Danaans to victory, against Zeus' wishes. She convinces Zeus to lay with her, Sleep puts him under a spell, and gets Zeus out of the way of interferring with the championship of the Danaans.

I take this to mean that 'Zeus' is any obstacles you have in your way, and that they should be taken care of before you try and start your own business. Maybe you have financial debts to take care of still, or favours you owe someone, or whatnot. Once your obligations are out of the way, you should be free to start your own business.

Like always, take everything I say with a grain of salt, and feel free to interpret it as you wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
          Can I have a question answered with the Homeric Oracle?

Here it goes: What do I need to do in order to get the girl I like to like me?
          'on dragging off Patroclus. He wants to cut off his head from"
          homer, iliad, book xviii, line 175

in context, it is thus: "Prince Hector above all has set his heart on dragging off Patroclus. He wants to cut off his head from his tender neck and stick it on the palisade. So up with you, and lie no longer idle."

I think this means that in order to get the girl to like you, you need to be assertive. Be aware that she may not return your affections, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clive View Post
          Hmm, okay. If you would, ask the Oracle for me, What can I do to feel more comfortable around people, in both social and business situations?
          Homer, Iliad, book x, line 245
          'companion myself, how could I overlook the godlike Odysseus"

continued as "Pallas Athene's favourite, that gallant soul whom no adventure ever finds unready?"

clearly you are more comfortable in the solace of your own company, but perhaps you need to act more like Odysseus, whom no adventure (social interaction) ever finds unready. I can't instruct you on what to do further than that, other than to be brave, and with practice it will come to you as naturally as breath.

Mostly art.

Comment

I totally need to get a paper copy of these...

BTW, V, you want to write a "guest post" for my regular blog on how to do this? Its hella cool!!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              I totally need to get a paper copy of these...

BTW, V, you want to write a "guest post" for my regular blog on how to do this? Its hella cool!!
              Yeah, sure!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Doing yours, Perze, was really confusing. This is actually my second attempt, because my first attempt didn't make any sense.

Homer, The Iliad, Page 464, line 14:

"but belongs to the branch of the younger line of Dardanus"

*in reference to Aeneas, son of Aphrodite and prince Anchises, coming from the line of Dardanus, son of Zeus and Electra. He was a trojan hero, and credited as the founder of what would become ancient Rome.

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 25, line 21:

"have set your heart on. For am I not your father's friend"

Homer, The Odyssey, Page 34, line 12:

"we agree when, with our good sense and judgement, we"

*note: originally rolled the title page, "the odyssey"

How I interpret this is this: You should look deep inside of yourself to find your passion. I feel like my 'random mistake' of getting the title page for The Odyssey suggests that finding your passion will incur some kind of journey, whether it be of the heart and soul, or of the body. When you come across it, you will know. Whatever your passion is, look upon noble paths, and follow in the line of heroes (however your heart interprets that)

That's honestly the best I can do. Does it at least make a little bit of sense?
                Hey V, just giving some more feedback... I've pondered.

The line about I am not your father's friend' is what sticks out most to me. I think it's telling me to look outside my family line for interests that might spark something with me, which is basically what I do anyway. The bit about Aeneas seems to be directing me towards Rome. So maybe expanding a bit more on Roman Recon may hold more fruit for me.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Juni's reading:

You asked me to just see what the runes had to say about you, so I did.

Raidho: Travel, a journey, relocation, seeing a larger perspective, making a right move. Personal/world rhythm.
                  Tiwaz, merk: One's energy and creative flow are blocked, mental paralysis, over-analysis, over-sacrifice, injustice, imbalance, loss of passion.
                  Wunjo: Joy, comfort, pleasure, fellowship, harmony, prosperity, esctasy, glory, spiritual reward. General success, recognition of work.
                  Mannaz: The self. Your attitude towards others (vice versa). Friends and enemies, social order, intelligence, forethought, skill, ability. Divine structure, awareness. Expect aid.

I think that right now is a busy time for you, and that you are sacrificing yourself to your work and to others, but not paying enough attention to your Self. Overall, I think this was a good reading, because Raidho and Wunjo strike me as being 'good' runes to cast. I suspect in order to bring more joy and harmony into your life, you will have to take some kind of journey. Maybe you've got plans for the summer to take a vacation and you're looking forward to it, or maybe just a journey inside of yourself - which strikes me as right since you are a Shaman, but that's just my take on it.

So in short, I would say: Beware of imbalance and over-sacrifice, and try to take some time to focus more on yourself. Be cognizant of the journey you are undertaking (or about to take), and you will find more joy in your life.

(again, I'm sorry this was so late, thanks for being patient with me!)

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm a little curious what you'll come up with so would you mind running another general reading with the

*runs auto-dice roller*

homeric oracle?
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      I'm a little curious what you'll come up with so would you mind running another general reading with the

*runs auto-dice roller*

homeric oracle?
                      Yep, for sure. I'll do it this week.

Mostly art.

Comment

thanks

/10char
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                        X