What Is Your Wand Made Out Of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Is Your Wand Made Out Of?

Here's one I made for a friend. It started life as a drum stick since some believe the wand can be traced back to the shaman's drumstick.
    I used a wood burner to put the vine and leaves in it. She identifies with a wolf so I also carved a paw print into it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Pear tree branch, though I don't really use it.

Comment

I have three different wands. I use it quite often when it comes to creating my circle, placing energy, ect.

My first wand is the branch of a local tree. I carved off the bark to leave it with a smooth finish, and I etched some symbols into it.

My second wand was given to me by a friend. I'm not exactly sure what the base is made of, but there is copper wrapped around it. The ends have metal, and hold a clear quartz point and clear quartz marble.

My third wand is my favorite visually. I bought it from the nearby metaphysical shop. The base is made of clear glass, but because of the positioning of the small gemstones, their color (and thus their energy) is reflected into it. these gemstones are rose quartz, ruby, and rainbow moonstone. They are held together with streams of liquid metal that hardened over. Both ends have clear quartz points.

Of course, I also use gemstone/crystal wands if the working calls for it. Lazer Quartz, Rose Quartz, Angelite, Smokey Quartz, Citrine, Selenite, Watermelon Tourmaline, and my new Moss Agate Wand.

Comment

I don't often use it - but I have a wand made out of willow wood.

Comment

Ok, I admit it, every time I see this thread's title it makes me think dirty thoughts.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I've a nice wooden wand that I bought online. I don't know what kind of wood it is made of, though. I use it to invoke the God, Goddess, and the elements.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	picture002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	351692

Comment

I do have an old wand made of maple wood. It is quite plain, but worked well enough for me when I was still practicing Wicca. What I practice now is a little more free form, and I don't always feel the need for a wand. However when do I actually prefer to use a naturally dropped crow feather.

Comment

The wand I loved broke a few weeks ago. It was a piece of driftwood I found on the beach at my favourite place in the world and I just sanded the bark off it.
                  Long story short, because of my stupidity it got broken. Completely splintered.

I do have two others. One I got from the internet. It's made of rosewood and it's twisted with silver down it. There's a quartz sphere at the top and a quartz point at the tip. I've never actually used it, it just sits on my altar looking pretty.

The other my friend made for me. I've no idea what wood it's made out of (and he can't remember), it's got carvings down it and a piece of tiger's eye at the top. But the tiger's eye has fallen off so I'm not using it until I've had a chance to fix it.

I'm on the lookout for a good piece of wood to make another wand.

Comment

I'm working on my wand right now. It's made from a branch off of a Willow tree. The funny thing is, I did not want to cut the tree and I some what jokingly said too the Willow that if it wanted to it could give me a branch so I could make a wonderful wand (that particular Willow is my favorite tree around here) A couple day's later I went too the tree and found one of it's branches and thought to myself that it's perfect for my wand! It's not quite finished yet. I still want to decorate itClick image for larger version

Name:	100_0482[1].jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	351696

Comment

I never replaced my wand after it broke. I just couldn't imagine feeling that kind of connection with another tool. So I guess my current wand is made of 100% real finger!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wand.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	351698

I made my wand just the other day *so proud* its made out of red birch whose bark I left on because I like the color so much. I wrapped the handle in leather and shaped the point. then I carved out a small bit above the handle and painted the kanji for Suzaku and Fire on it in read and ringed the tip with red fire (hard to see in the pic) I really wanted to add a stone tip but couldn't find one in my collection that I thought was good enough. also I plan on adding red feathers to the base but I need to find someone with a parrot or be lucky enough to run across some cardinal feathers because I don't want painted ones.
                        I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                        because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                        I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                        for a might have-been has never been,
                        but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Cameron View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1590[/ATTACH]

I made my wand just the other day *so proud* its made out of red birch whose bark I left on because I like the color so much. I wrapped the handle in leather and shaped the point. then I carved out a small bit above the handle and painted the kanji for Suzaku and Fire on it in read and ringed the tip with red fire (hard to see in the pic) I really wanted to add a stone tip but couldn't find one in my collection that I thought was good enough. also I plan on adding red feathers to the base but I need to find someone with a parrot or be lucky enough to run across some cardinal feathers because I don't want painted ones.
                          The son of a birch!! Sorry, old joke. That's some nice work. Puts my dear departed wand to shame actually. I just sanded and varnished a twig. Good luck finding the feathers. I have a special connection with magpies, so always pick up their feathers when I find them. Even though it's such a common bird, the feathers are quite hard to come by! Yet when I've needed them for anything, they somehow make it into my posession. Even if it is via a friend.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            The son of a birch!! Sorry, old joke. That's some nice work. Puts my dear departed wand to shame actually. I just sanded and varnished a twig. Good luck finding the feathers. I have a special connection with magpies, so always pick up their feathers when I find them. Even though it's such a common bird, the feathers are quite hard to come by! Yet when I've needed them for anything, they somehow make it into my posession. Even if it is via a friend.
                            Thank you for the luck! I'm hoping the same will happen to me, I see cardinals enough around my house but never their feathers :/ hopefully some will be 'sent' my way for this. if so I will update my picture . I was also hoping to find some flint for the tip since its a stone used to start fires.
                            I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                            because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                            I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                            for a might have-been has never been,
                            but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Do be careful - most people don't know this, but in the U.S., it is illegal to possess the feathers of songbirds or raptors. the fines and penalties are pretty high...

http://www.sialis.org/mbta.htm
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh good point Corbin! I'm sure there must be same kind of game bird or fowl with red feathers though. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but there will be!

Comment

Working...
                                X