Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Is Your Wand Made Out Of?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Oh good point Corbin! I'm sure there must be same kind of game bird or fowl with red feathers though. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but there will be!
    Pheasants and chickens...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

ooo there are some pretty red chickens around... that seems a very silly law to me. I suppose its to keep people from killing the song birds but to find the feathers in my yard and be fined for taking them inside is just silly.
      I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
      because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
      I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
      for a might have-been has never been,
      but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

I have some molted red tailfeathers from my Congo African Grey parrot, if those are the kind/size you want....
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

O.O that would be wonderful! I wouldn't want to be a bother though...

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Private message me where you'd like me to send them, and how many you want! And then please post a pic of the finished product!
            sigpic

Comment

rarely use wands now. mostly use my athame. the wands I have are a few crystal wands and one large maple wand with a crystal glued to it with copper wiring loosely wrapped around it. the last one I won at a festival years ago.
              Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

A lot of chickens have red feathers, especially when you are plucking them.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Its finished! *Happy Dance*

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wand Finished 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	351701Click image for larger version

Name:	Wand Finished.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	351702

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Cameron View Post
                    Its finished! *Happy Dance*

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1598[/ATTACH]
                    Yay! Buddy's feathers look great on there! You did a nice job. They don't look really red in the pics but I know they are If anyone else wants a few just let me know. He is 23 and I always save them (the ones you got could be any age). I only really need a few for myself and am happy to share.
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah my flash kept bleaching the colors but I was starting to get frustrated with trying to find good lighting so figured these would do. *squee* I'm so happy... I love it when my crafts work out well.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

My wand is made out of wood from the willow tree. i had done research on trees meanings/symbolism, what they were used for back in the old days, and picked one that would match what the wand was for.
                        Hence i have more then one wand. for example:
                        i wanted a wand for healing purposes...one of the Willow trees magical strengths are healing...therefor i made it out of a willow branch, that had already fallen to the ground, as i do not like to cut things
                        off of trees nor other plants...and if i do, then i leave an offering....but back to the wand.
                        i also like making them out of wood, because it gives me a hand to hand connection to something natural, even when i am doing my work indoors....it is also easy decorated with a wood burner...or adding crystals etc.
                        since i just love to match things i used my wood burner to add the rune for healing.

Comment

Mine also is twisted willow. It just felt right (maybe because I'm a water sign??) When I have the privilege I'll post up pics!

Comment

my wand is a unused chopstick? pine wood i think

Comment

My wand is going to be made of Ironwood or better known as American Hornbeam. I found the branch on a camping trip and felt compelled to bring it home with me. I found many branches but for some reason I couldn't let anyone use my branch for the fire and I couldn't let it behind when I left. That was almost seven months ago. I was waiting for a wand to "call to me" and that did. Finding information about it was difficult, but I have gathered quite a bit from researching it for the past few months to see how it could aid or hinder my workings. I have enough knowledge now that I feel comfortable using the Ironwood as my wand. Also I have not had any thing call to me as much as that did, so that helped with that decision. Ironwood is a very white wood, smooth, and VERY strong. People a lot of times compare it to Ivory. Also it grows everywhere around the area where my family lives and comes from, so the ties between that forest and myself run rather deep.

Comment

I don't have one made yet, but I'd like to make one out of willow if possible. Problem is that I don't have any near me which means I'd have to buy it, and I don't trust most premade wands that you get from shops online unless its actually hand made like from someone on Etsy, or if you're at a fair and someone's made them and can tell you what they did
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X