Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible ghost in my workplace... how to deal with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible ghost in my workplace... how to deal with this?

I'm a community worker. I help elderly rehabilitate from surgery in their own homes. Right now, I'm dealing with a client who I believe has her family ghosting around in the second floor of her house.

Usually, she would not agree to going upstairs for therapy or allow me there to retreive items for her. On one occasion, she agreed to allow me to go upstairs to retreive something for her during session. On ascending stairs, I was alerted to what I'd call presence. It caught me a little off-gaurd and I was afraid which just made it worse. Later in our travels, she let me know she had lost 3 members of her immediate family in a car accident she was involved in. I think she knows what I might have felt upstairs.

I remember discussing spirits with a Christian friend of mine who told me I have to overcome this fear by not fearing it.. I have to believe I am stronger than whatever it is. This doesn't seem to work too well in practise.

At the moment, I'm just taking comfort in that I can take an educated guess at what that presence is and why it's there. I'm also mentally reciting to myself that I do have legitimate reason to be there and my intention is to help and not harm. This has helped me so far to remain fairly peaceful, but I would dare not go upstairs again.

Is there anything else I can do? I do not want to be afraid, but I think any attempt to cleanse/banish or whatever is out of the question. I will be working with her short-term, every working day for the next three to four weeks.

Re: Possible ghost in my workplace... how to deal with this?

I would say if you are incomfortable going upstairs, do your best to make peace with whatever is up there, don't know what it may be, but your best bet is to attempt to coexist, especially since your presence is fairly temporary...
    Other than that, I would let them be unless they are hurting you or someone else.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

If you have to go upstairs again, then please please talk to whatever is there. They may be just as uneasy about your presence as you are about theirs. Explain you mean no harm or disruption, explain why you're there and thank them for their courtesy and understanding (even if they haven't shown any yet.) And good luck!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        If you have to go upstairs again, then please please talk to whatever is there.
        Just say the words aloud?

Comment

You can speak the words aloud - or even to yourself. You certainly don't have to shout.... just a gentle conversational tone. And have confidence - no matter how self conscious you might feel - that it will work, and that your courtesy will be appreciated. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks Tylluan, I'll give this a go. If I have to go upstairs, I might bring her with me and say what needs to be said to her, but aim it at that presence.
            As Maria said, I'm just there temporarily. So I'd be treading on toes to try to interrupt whatever arrangement is there. It's not hurting me, and I think it's company for her.

Comment

Exactly - very wise. And don't make a big thing of it because it may embarrass her that you're aware of the presence. Even a simple, 'I mean no harm, I'm not going to be here in the house for long and I'm only trying to help,' will probably do the trick. Do let us know how you get on!

Comment

So, maybe I'm speaking too soon but I won't have a reason to go upstairs anymore. The lady will be exiting our program soon and her daughter-in-law has left all upstairs equipment that was borrowed downstairs. I'm kinda glad and kinda disappointed too.

Comment

People are people, even if they're dead, and conversation works okay if you have the patience. Ghosts of most kinds are generally easy to deal with. An owner of the home telling it to get the hell out or setting some ground rules works with enough confidence behind it. Worst case scenario banishing
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                    So, maybe I'm speaking too soon but I won't have a reason to go upstairs anymore. The lady will be exiting our program soon and her daughter-in-law has left all upstairs equipment that was borrowed downstairs. I'm kinda glad and kinda disappointed too.
                    Don't worry - you've acquired a useful skill. And often, once you know what to do, you act more quickly next time. And yes, there probably will be a next time, because life's like that!

All the best

Comment

You guys make it sound so natural ^.^ I want to be confident with this, so what is it about me that would make something like that listen to me? Why should it listen?

Comment

In my experience, if an entity is aware you can sense/see/hear/etc. it, it will make an attempt to make contact in some way. Some need a kind word, some need that acknowledgement, and some will get all up in your business. The best thing that I personally can recommend is just basically an echo of what has already been said - acknowledge it, state why you're there, and keep going on through your day.

This is, however, mostly for those that are not "malicious" (and I put that in quotations due to it being in the nature of some to be what they are but we as humans perceive them as malicious), and there are some generally unpleasant and harmful entities out there. They are a whole different barrel of apples, as they say, and require a different reaction.

This is, again, in my personal experience. Other experiences may vary. XD

Comment

You guys make it sound so natural ^.^ I want to be confident with this, so what is it about me that would make something like that listen to me? Why should it listen?
                          'As above, so below.' We all listened to you here didn't we?

Comment

Why shouldn't it?

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
                            seems applicable
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks for the reminders ^.^

Too used to seeing the spiritual world as something beyond my every day existence.

Comment

Working...
                              X