1 tablespoon of honey
    2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    Rub gently onto face
    Rinse off with warm water

Firming Face Mask
    Whisk together 1 tablespoon honey
    1 egg white
    1 teaspoon glycerin (Available at drug and beauty stores)
    And enough flour to form a paste (Approximately 1/4 cup)
    Smooth over face and throat
    Leave on 10 minutes

Hair Conditioner
    Mix 1/2 cup honey
    And 1/4 cup olive oil (Use 2 tablespoons oil for normal hair)
    Work a small amount at a time
    Through hair until coated
    Cover hair with a shower cap
    Leave on 30 minutes
    Remove shower cap
    Shampoo well and rinse
    Dry as normal

Facial Toner
    In blender:
    Puree 1 tablespoon honey
    With a peeled, cored apple
    Smooth over face
    Leave on 15 minutes
    Rinse with cool water

Moisture Mask
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons milk
    Smooth over face and throat
    Leave on 10 minutes

Smoothing Skin Lotion
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
    Rub into hands, elbows, heels
    And anywhere that feels dry
    Leave on 10 minutes
    Rinse off with water

Skin Softening Bath
    Add 1/4 cup honey to bath water for a fragrant, silky bath

Hair Shine
    Stir 1 teaspoon honey
    Into 4 cups (1 quart) warm water
    Blondes may wish to add a squeeze of lemon
    After shampooing
    Pour mixture through hair
    Do not rinse out
    Dry as normal

smooth complexion without dehydration
    125g raisins
    125g ground almonds
    2 slices soft brown bread
    Finely chop raisins and mix with almonds. Crumble bread finely and add to mix (or put all in a blender). Roll mixture into 6-10 balls and use instead of soap.

Oatmeal Bath Moisturizer
    a square of muslin/cheesecloth about 18"x18"
    2ft of ribbon
    1 cup of oats
    2 teaspoons of favourite herb (I always use dried lavender)

- Sew equal length loops onto the 4 corners of the cloth.
    - Place the oats and herbs in the centre of the cloth and hang the cloth by the hoops from the bathtaps so that the water can run freely through the bag filling the bath with softened and fragrant water.
    - Take the bag from off the taps and twist the cloth till you have a small ball shape, this can then be used like a sponge all over the body.
    - This leaves the skin silky soft and smooth.

When done return the oats to the earth and wash the bag ready for next time.

Strawberry Skin Moisturizer
    1 tbsp each: olive, coconut and vegetable oils
    2 tbsp mashed strawberries
    (Optional) 1-2 drops Vitamin E oil
    Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in the refrigerator in a covered jar between uses.

- - - Updated - - -

Bath Salts

1 Place 1 cup of coarse rock salt into the mixing bowl, add 10 drops of essential oil and stir well.
    2 Add 15 drops of the food colouring and once again stir well. Keep adding drops of food colouring until you reach the desired depth of colour. You’ll end up with “chunky” coloured crystals. It’’s a good idea to choose a colour that suggests (matches) the chosen scent. To create bath crystals that have tonal variation simply stir the food colouring in lightly leaving some of the crystals lighter than others. Display the crystals in a clear glass bowl for maximum effect.
    3 Throw a couple of tablespoons into a hot bath to enjoy the fragrance and soothing qualities of the salts.

Fizzing Bath Salts

1 Sieve together 1/2 cup bicarb soda, 1/4 cup citric acid and 1/4 cup cornflour into the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
    2 In a separate small mixing bowl, stir together 10 drops of essential oil and 30 drops of food colouring.
    3 Stir this mixture into the sieved powder mixture.

Combine quickly so the powder does not start fizzing.

4 Mix thoroughly using your hands so the oil and colour is evenly distributed throughout the powder. (The cornflour prevents the powder from “clumping” together.)
    5 Add some pot pourri or dried herbs for visual effect.
    6 Place the mixture into clear containers, making sure the lids are screwed on tightly. Layer different colours for a display effect. Sprinkle a handful of the powder into a hot bath just before getting in. These bath salts make perfect gifts for the Christmas season.

Bath Crystals # 1:

Coarse rock salt (from the supermarket)
    Food colouring (from the supermarket)
    Essential oil (from health food stores and chemists)
    Mixing bowl
    Spoon
    Containers for storage and display of the bath crystals

Mostly art.

Re: Natural Beauty Product Formulas

This is cool. I love this stuff.

My favorite:
    Shower scrub:
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup oil
    1/4 ground coffee
    Some cocoa, cinnamon, and nutmeg for added yummy scent
    Mix it all together, scrub it on, and rinse off.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Nice! My personal favourite is:

mix coconut oil and white sugar with the back of a spoon (I don't measure, so I don't know the amount, but a bit of oil and a bit more of the sugar), once it's all mixed up evenly, throw it in a mason jar. Ta-da!

It's awesome. I use it all over my face and body.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hahaaaa I had so much fun trying to make the fizzing bath salts XD I'll have to be a bit quicker next time XD Smelled great though XD
        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I like orange juice (from an orange), white sugar and bit of lavender infused sunflower oil (you could use a couple drops of essential oil too)...I just keep it in the fridge.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

This is really helpful! I have been looking for stuff like this. Thanks!
            Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Nice! My personal favourite is:

mix coconut oil and white sugar with the back of a spoon (I don't measure, so I don't know the amount, but a bit of oil and a bit more of the sugar), once it's all mixed up evenly, throw it in a mason jar. Ta-da!

It's awesome. I use it all over my face and body.
              Isn't the coconut oil a little hard for that? I buy coconut oil and it is quite solid, crisco is softer than coconut oil... smells awesome... but hard...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                Isn't the coconut oil a little hard for that? I buy coconut oil and it is quite solid, crisco is softer than coconut oil... smells awesome... but hard...
                Rest it in a bowl of hot water just before use.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                  Rest it in a bowl of hot water just before use.
                  I'm sure you could do it that way, but I don't. Hard coconut oil, right from the cupboard. I get a shallow bowl, pour in some white sugar, and with the back of a spoon just smush it all in there. It's a bit of work, but it WILL work after a few minutes, and that's really it. I just break up the coconut oil with my spoon.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm sure you could do it that way, but I don't. Hard coconut oil, right from the cupboard. I get a shallow bowl, pour in some white sugar, and with the back of a spoon just smush it all in there. It's a bit of work, but it WILL work after a few minutes, and that's really it. I just break up the coconut oil with my spoon.
                    Fair 'nuff
                    I'll have to give it a try.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Well, I'm lazy.

The wonderful thing about coconut oil is that it has such an extremely low melt point. Warm water, even just your own body temperature, can melt it. I like that a lot about it.

Comment

That's why I love it as a thickener for other oils. I make a lovely oil-lotion stuff and coconut oil makes it awesome, and it smells like coconut too it takes all the olive ot avocado smell out of my oils! I <3 it SOOOO much! but I always melt it down to use it... now I shall try something else, cause melting it could dissolve the sugar (heat) my hubby prefers the scent of the olive oil strangely enough... so he gets beeswax..

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                        X