This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative energy spirits; Alliances?

Here's a topic I've been wrestling with.

Would you befriend or ally with a spirit who has overall negative connotations such as anger, disease, decay, etc? Have you ever come across them? How do you normally deal with spirits such as these?

Re: Negative energy spirits; Alliances?

Raum. He's the first spirit I ever successfully contacted. He is some sort of pure retained anger. Waiting to explode at any second. I usually contact him when I'm really angry, and "feed" him my anger. In exchange, he must use this power to damage those who mean to harm me.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

You don't see that relationship as negative or deleterious or dangerous in and of itself? How would you deal with, say, a sickness spirit?

Comment

Responded partially through PM.

A disease spirit is particularly dangerous to work with, since they specialize in afflictions that can affect pretty much anyone and in almost any given situation. Raum for example, causes fire and heat-related deaths. So during a request, I usually position myself in a place were death by fire is highly improbable.

Also, I think that danger is part of living. We gotta take risks in life if we want to achieve great things.

Comment

I would avoid spirits of pure raw emotion or harmful qualities such as lust, sickness and storms, or what have you. I have made the mistake several times in dealing with these types of spirits. For example, I used to really like Belial, the demon of vice, because he represented freedom over carnal life and acted like sort of a patron of anarchy to me. I mentally invoked him (this is how I usually work with spirits- I intellectualize what they mean to me and what folklore/history states and summon that ideal as an aspect of my psyche). He became a part of me. I enjoyed the booze, drugs and sexuality, the lawlessness of my actions and thoughts, but when I tried to be sober and give up certain sexual practices be a good citizen, I couldn't. Whether it was just a mental construct I created from the ideal of Belial or it was really the demon himself is irrelevant- it affected me badly and lasted for years. I needed to claim myself. I do not believe in banishing or bindings, just simple communications, being honest with myself, facing fears, living in opposition of what needs to change in my life and deep reflection. So far this has worked well, although some of the beings and mental states I have invoked and worked with over the years still latch on, or at least try. I was kind of an idiot when I first got into magic. I am learning my lessons now...

If you want to work with these beings certain people suggest mastering the holy arts first (Enochian, Qabalah, Hermetics, etc), or some other form of banishing and protection magic, if that type of magic agrees with you and you with it. I actually read this from a Luciferian that practices Satanic Magic, didn't agree at first, but now I see the wisdom in it, although I don't practice holy magic anymore. I prefer simplicity (I also don't have the proper setting for the type of ceremony I prefer, so I am being patient with my larger experiments).

Personally and from downright scary and unhealthy experiences, I avoid working with certain types of beings, although I am involved with some darker deities, but they are well rounded, and do not represent pure emotion or raw being. They are balanced in their own dark way. If you work with a sickness spirit, you should be well versed in several healing modalities or know someone who is and you are open with such practices so any side effects can be healed and dealt with accordingly. You could also just get sick and enjoy it because you asked for it, or even become a sympathetic psychic vampire and feed off of others to sustain your own being. :=L: But I wouldn't suggest it.

Comment

Just because something is a spirit doesn't mean you should play with it. If you seriously consider contacting it, then you need to do serious work and research... it is the dabbling that usually causes problems. We wouldn't dabble with rewiring the electrics in our homes, and we shouldn't dabble with things unless we sure what we're doing. And that takes a great deal of study and perseverance.

Anyone can jump off a cliff. It takes skill and determination to climb one.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm actually a little offended that you think I'm just "dabbling" with it and that I haven't done my work or research. I didn't start this thread to be told that I'm not experienced enough, or that I don't know what I'm doing. I was looking for actual insight.

So thank you SeanRave and PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos.

Although..
              PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos

I have to say that I'm not working with biblical demons. I don't believe in angels and demons. Like Sean's demon may appear or seem demonic but I don't believe in good and evil forces. Just refined and dense, heavy and light, darkness and bright energy. Just energy.

I've been working on protecting myself. But not Enochian. I think Enochian magick is a little too ceremonial for me. And drinking my own seminal fluid sounds gross.

Comment

I think Tyullan was just trying to add a word of caution, and I don't blame her. She cannot assume that you have done all of your research and that you totally understand what you are doing, and so to keep a person from doing anything too rash she offered a word of caution, its nothing to be offended by, point of fact it should be flattering that someone cares enough to offer a word of cautionary advice. It is nothing to be insulted by, take it for what it is and move on. Tyullan is a well experienced person and often knows what she is talking about, she is often worth listening to, she has alot of personal experience, and if you don't agree that is totally fine, but don't be insulted....

sorry, just didn't feel right to me... That said, regardless of your views about good and evil, some things are just not too good for you, so my only advice is to go it slow, and keep an extra eye on what you are doing, some paths are easier to see than others. Also, keep in mind that just because you are prepared to have these things around you, does not mean everyone around you is, keep that in mind when inviting their presence around, maintain the balance!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I never said I was going to invite it's presence to be around me, but my plan is to heal by understanding the spirit. I'm sure there are dangers, and I know that it's not something that everyone would want to do. It is, however, something I want to do in order to help someone with debilitating disease. While my girlfriend is going the healing spell route (banishing the "evil" and promoting health), I am taking a more shamanic route and trying to figure out the illness itself by finding its core, it's spirit, in order to further understand it and, hence, be able to help with it. It would be no less dangerous if I tried to eat the energy of the diesease and I feel that this is a more peaceful route to the same goal.

I'm not discounting anything, and I'm not trying to be offended. I simply don't see the cause for anyone to just assume that I haven't given this a lot of thought and research. To tell someone that they are jumping off a cliff because they haven't is offensive, regardless.

Comment

No insult was intended. If there had been, believe me, you would know about it. But your original thread stated simply 'Would you befriend or ally with a spirit who has overall negative connotations such as anger, disease, decay, etc? Have you ever come across them? How do you normally deal with spirits such as these?' So I told you.

I seem to offend you all the time, Lizard Mind. Not sure why. When on earth did I say that you were jumping off a cliff?

I'll leave this thread and let you get on with it. Best of luck.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

AND NOW! Squirrels!

Just because I love derailing the thread.

Comment

That's enough derailing and offense taking. Seriously. This is not kindergarten and I am not a babysitter. Neither are the rest of the staff. So if this topic can't even make it one page without someone getting offended, then perhaps this topic should get locked. An opinion was asked. That means that opinions shall and will be given. That may include assumptions since we aren't all psychically connected and know every detail about one another.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          Anyone can jump off a cliff. It takes skill and determination to climb one.
                          To answer you, Tyullan, that. You don't offend me all the time but you seem to have a very.. set way in how you view things and it comes across to me as if you're saying that any other way is wrong and no one knows as much as you do. If I am viewing it wrong, then so be it and I apologize.

For Juniper: I only get offended when people are offensive. I didn't ask you to be a babysitter. Opinions are fine, assuming I'm a dumbass, however, is not. But it's not like I flipped out and started attacking people. It's fine, Juniper. Back t our regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Nothing I have to say is good for this thread. Instead, I'm gonna go for the simpler option of ending this thread before something is said that provokes a harsher reaction.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                            X