Playing Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing Music

I play the resonator guitar in a number of styles including bluegrass, blues, Indian classical, and jazz. Additionally, I play several traditional long and short-necked lutes, as well as percussion and certain wind instruments, from the Middle East and Central Asia in their respective traditional styles. Someday, I'd like to add some variety of bagpipe to that list.

As far as my favorite artists go....

Hedningarna, Garmarna, Kathleen MacInnes, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, The Civil Wars, Orgy, Susheela Raman, Fever Ray, Allison Krauss and Union Station, The Infamous Stringdusters, Royal Thunder, and The Kovenant are all groups or artists whom I listen to on at least a relatively regular basis but I listen to a LOT of music so that list is far from exhaustive of my tastes.

Comment

Re: Playing Music

I play piano - VERY well. I went to uni for music... So I'm good :P

I can also play guitar, bass guitar, a bit of drums, some misc percussion, flute, a bit of alto sax and am trying clarinet. I had to play trumpet once (that sucked) and I've had a good go at violin, that wasn't too bad. I've also been part of a number of choirs, I'm not a great singer, but I like it.

Did I mention I'm a music teacher? :P So it's my duty to know instruments. I can pretty much have a crack at anything. If I can work out the mechanics of the instrument itself, I can play it. I've got amazing theory skills.

I listen to all music, I'll try absolutely anything. Love rock, metal (especially nwbmh), indie, jazz, late romantic, impressionist, expressionist, modernism and post modernism, pop whatevers. Only thing I don't have much time for is country and western.

What can I say though, I like music!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.