Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you read for confirmation of your path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you read for confirmation of your path?

I read nothing. I meditate. Go out to the woods. To places I feel are sacred to me. Then I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday
      I'm personally not pagan/heathen for the gods or the religion. I'm heathen rather than christian because the folklore and worldview explain OBEs, ghosts, clairvoyant dreams, NDEs: the human condition.
      Interesting. How so? You mean with being dead in grave mounds and that sort of thing?
      There once was a man who said though,
      It seems that I know that I know,
      What I'd like to see,
      Is the I that knows me,
      When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Well, moreso that there are concepts of fylgja, hugr, hamr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
          Well, moreso that there are concepts of fylgja, hugr, hamr.
          I'm not familiar with any of those. What are they exactly?
          There once was a man who said though,
          It seems that I know that I know,
          What I'd like to see,
          Is the I that knows me,
          When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Fylgja is the Germanic version of the animal spirit. It means "that which accompanies" and is believed to refer to the placenta,which is born with every person and holds the accompanying spirit. Every person has a fylgja whether it be bear, dog, swan, etc. Usually a person won't see their own until they die, but those with the sight for it can see other's fylgja. For example: if you often dream
            of a weasel before your deadbeat dad shows up unannounced then you've seen his fylgja that's travelling ahead of him.

The hugr is your mind, thought and spirit. It can be "thrown" like throwing a voice. For exampld: someone's hugr can visit you on dreams, a witches hugr can guide ships home, a man's hugr can retrieve a horse left out on the plains.

Hamr is "skin, rind". It's the shape hugr takes when it leaves the body.

An OBE for me is then explained as my hugr travelling out. Dreaming that I was a dog and I found my lost ring in the park --and finding that ring where I dreamed it-- would mean the dog was my hamr.

That's just scratching the surface of it but I enjoy that there are answers for those weird occurrences rather than just a "miracle of god". And I'm only basing that on sanitized Western Christianity. I'm sure many different denominations, and even Judaism, may have a very rich folk lore that addresses those things.

Comment

Working...
            X