Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Odinists, Asatru, or Heathens still post here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Odinists, Asatru, or Heathens still post here?

Heathen here too. A bit quiet at the moment - not studying much and our kindred is rather quiet due to life happening to various members so I feel a little stagnant at the moment. I'm an ancient member of this forum popping back to have a look around and maybe I'll hang about, maybe not. Anyway, glad to see there's a fair few Norse types around. :-)

*opens a beer, kicks back and listens *
    You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

*Waves at Maythe*
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

*waves back* :-)
        You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

Hallo. I'm fairly new to the religion, though.

Comment

So am I !!!! :-P
            http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

Seriously, all these budding Heathens is exciting me.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

don't get too excited now hehehehehe..........But seriously I am here to learn as much as I can as I don't know much. I was "called" to this with little knowledge
                http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

Right here! Still learning the old ways though, long ways to go

Comment

Great to see all the replies here. Hail to all.

Comment

I would say that I am looking into the Norse Paganism. I have had some trouble finding anything to learn more about it though that doesn't have a white supremacist agenda though :/ If anyone can suggest some reading material?

Comment

Originally posted by lostsoulwanders View Post
                        I would say that I am looking into the Norse Paganism. I have had some trouble finding anything to learn more about it though that doesn't have a white supremacist agenda though :/ If anyone can suggest some reading material?
                        http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/index.htm These are the sagas and Eddas. Start there.

Comment

Thank you very much ^__^

Comment

Originally posted by lostsoulwanders View Post
                            www.northvegr.org is a pretty good source for Eddas, sagas, histories, etc.
                            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Hello, people! I've been away from the website for some time, though I guess few noticed me either coming or going. Haven't been posting for months.

Anyway, I'm an Odinist; Parts of my knowledge and faith are very empirical, so I'm not at all a reconstructionist.
                              As for texts, most of the sagas and so on are here, in old norse and translated to different languages:
                              "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Would anyone happen to have any knowledge on Norse Shamanism?

Comment

Working...
                                X