Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Odinists, Asatru, or Heathens still post here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Odinists, Asatru, or Heathens still post here?

The reason I am asking as it seems quiet in this section and I am fairly new to this religion but class myself an Odinist and am into the ways of Asatru.

Many thanks

Re: Any Odinists, Asatru, or Heathens still post here?

I'm not, but my girlfriend's brother is an Asatru (yeah, a stretch) but welcome here anyways. I hope there are some others around these parts.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

There a few people knowledgeable about Heathenry floating around. One former Heathen, an active Heathen and someone who's been delving into Heathenry long enough that the only reason I'm not calling her a Heathen is that I haven't seen her self-ID as one yet. We don't have quite the Heathen population of a few years ago though.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

*raises hand*

"Here.

Comment

Can't really define myself as a heathen, but have a very strong interest in the beliefs of the Anglo-Saxons... probably too eclectic to qualify as a heathen 'proper' though
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I would say the same as Tylluan.. Eclectic but my hobby is making me delve a little deeper in to Norse mythology.

Comment

Great stuff and pleased to meet you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully a few more may appear!

Comment

Some of my roots are in heathenism. I was drawn to it long before I even knew there was such a thing as Slavic paganism. I can trace my first exploration of paganism way back to reading runes back in middle school. To this day, if any God could convince me to go eclectic, it would probably be Odin. Of the pagans I've known personally, I tend to relate to them more than most others.
                If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

I consider myself Northern Tradition Polytheist and Vanatru. I don't use Heathen though technically I am one.

Comment

Great stuff and Hail to everyone that commented.

Comment

Hi, I'm Vanatru, I don't call myself Heathen, I prefer the terms Norse Pagan or Norse polytheist, but we share the same pantheon.

Comment

I had a nightmare about Odin the other day... before that i was in my backwoods and i got lightheaded and ended up in the bottom of a stream with a raven staring at me.
                        Im looking at Odinism at the moment.
                        People are meant to be loved,
                        And things are meant to be used.
                        The reason the world is chaos is because
                        People are being used and things are being loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordic Druid View Post
                          I had a nightmare about Odin the other day... before that i was in my backwoods and i got lightheaded and ended up in the bottom of a stream with a raven staring at me.
                          Im looking at Odinism at the moment.
                          That's interesting. I was considering mentioning it, but I had a nightmare involving Odin last night. This is very strange for me, as Perun is the only other deity I've really dreamt about (that I can recall). From what I can recall, it was very frightning and morbid. Odin was sorting through the bodies of the dead, in the wake of some huge disaster. I don't know if it was a disaster that I'd already heard of on the news, or something else. wish I could recall more details.
                          If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Hi again. I have heard that Odin does appear in a fair few dreams and is normally a sign.

Comment

I consideerred mysefl a Norther Tradition Polytheisit (mostly Rokkatru) for the past 8 years or so but as my patron has asked me to study a different pantheon for a while I consider myself just a Hard Polytheist. But I still have lots of info and resorces that I love to share.

((sorry for the lack of spell check))
                              I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                              because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                              I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                              for a might have-been has never been,
                              but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

Working...
                              X