Gates to Hell found in Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gates to Hell found in Turkey

No, this isn't about a really bad Thanksgiving dinner.

Archaeologists have found a temple which contains the real, legitimate, and true door to the underworld.

Actually, it's kind of pretty... Not at all what you'd expect, except unless you are a eunuch you'll die if you go in.

'Gate to Hell' found in Turkey
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Gates to Hell found in Turkey

I feel like "gates to hell" is a pretty terrible translation. It always bugs me when people switch "Hades" with "Hell". Beautiful ruins though. I love Greek architecture!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      I feel like "gates to hell" is a pretty terrible translation. It always bugs me when people switch "Hades" with "Hell". Beautiful ruins though. I love Greek architecture!
      Yeah - that's unfortunate. I guess the editors figured it would be more impressive to write "Hell" rather than "Hades," as inaccurate as it is...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It is such a pretty place, I suppose I wouldn't mind having a look at it, the whole being dragged out dead thing might be a bit of a downer though...
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
        X