This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divination Types

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Divination Types

O.o wow that's a lot...

Well, atleast you now have lots of ways to do the same thing XD
    Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

I noticed scrying is with a crystal ball ... Hmmmmm
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Great list, and thank you for saving it from before the flood.

And,

Spider divination from Cameroon/W. Africa, my article on the same: Spider Cartomancy

Bomoh rice divination. Bomohs are traditional (pre-Muslim) Malaysian healers. They divine illness by communication with ancestor spirits while in a trance state. This is supplemented by various kinds of divination, the most common to cast rice grain and read the pattern.

Chinese Geomancy is a little different than described above and entails looking at landforms and determining flow of chi.

Tuvan shamans use trance states to divine illness, also through special relationships with spirits but also supplement with different kinds of divination, including in one case I saw documented, a shaman who would cast a shot of vodka against a bare wall and read the pattern it made.

my former academic advisor (anthro) did a study of native taiwanese (not chinese) healers, who entered a trance state to divine illness by cutting their tongues with swords.

There are tons more, of course.

Comment

Ailuromancy is divination by watching cats’ movements.
          Cool! I must look into it! Thanks for sharing, Thal! It's super interesting! =^_^=
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            (originally posted by magusjinx, rescued from the pre-crash cache)
            Tyromancy is divination using cheese.
            This makes me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
              Cool! I must look into it! Thanks for sharing, Thal! It's super interesting! =^_^=
              Agreed, lol

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                (originally posted by magusjinx, rescued from the pre-crash cache)

Lithomancy is divination by stones.

Wow ... there's a name for that ... My first method. got some of my clearest, most accurate readings from them, too. Funny when I told a classmate that a male relative, who I thought was her brother, and lived a long way away, was going to visit soon. Until then I didn't know she had a brother, let alone one in uni, up in Queensland ... three days later she told me he'd shown up for a surprise visit. At that point, everyone believed me when I did a reading for them, instead of being skeptical until it came to be, since no one knew she had a brother. I did say it could be a father or uncle, since I didn't think she had a brother, but it read, to me, as brother. I thought I might have been interpreting it wrong ... then she came up to me three days later.

Comment

Maybe update to include that scrying can also be done with a mirror?
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                  X