This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making A Book of Tarot Spreads

One big thing though that I'd like to know from potential readers is how you'd like to see layouts done?

I'm kind of torn between having a hybrid of having the artwork on the left and an explanation on the right mixed with singular pages of the simple spreads I don't have artwork for. Pages looking like this: 0704132203.jpgdownsized_0704132203a.jpg

Or having the more simple pages though everything and then having a separate chapter at the end that has the artwork all together.

So which, as potential readers do you guys think would work out better to provide a better understanding or just simply looks better overall?
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Also, this is an outline of the first two chapters. Thoughts?

outline for 1st two chapters.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

SHARE THEM ALL, I thoroughly enjoyed your last ones.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          SHARE THEM ALL
          But that's the purpose of the book :P But I will share another one after I get some artwork for it, cause I don't know what all I want to do artwork wise for a lot of these lol
          sigpic

Comment

297054_10151718631952319_1883197390_n.jpg

However, I've gotten another graphite shaded version of the artwork for one done, so I'll post it.

The Spread is called "Love me, love me not Daisy Chain"... I love this one because while we all might've played the "he/she loves me/loves me not" game as a kid where we picked off the flower petals to see if the person we were thinking about truly loves us, this one goes a bit more in depth. It's got a lot of balance to it, and highlights multiple aspects of what makes or breaks a relationship and how to see it since, as we all know, love can be quite blind at times

1. What you need to know about how you see the relationship
            2. Strongest aspect or foundation of this relationship
            3.What you hope for in this relationship
            4. What happened in the past that is affecting this relationship
            5. What you can expect from this relationship
            6. Your favorite thing about the relationship
            7. What you can do to make your favorite thing even better
            8. Your least favorite thing about the relationship
            9. What you can do to improve your least favorite thing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
              But that's the purpose of the book :P But I will share another one after I get some artwork for it, cause I don't know what all I want to do artwork wise for a lot of these lol
              Oh, I'll buy it, darling. But you're right :P
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I got another one drawn up. This one's called The Mountain Stream. This one's great because it can be used for just about any situation where you've got issues about both short and long term issues and what can be used towards your advantage for change. Its got a single time line that branches out into several possibilities.

mountain stream.jpg

1. The distant past, and the foundation of the issue at hand, as well as the reason why it's so important to the here and now.
                2. The recent past and any events which have helped set the events in motion
                3. The state of the situation at the time of the reading
                4. Reflection of the present state or a show of what kind of changes are currently taking place
                5. The Short term future, if nothing changes
                6. The long term future if nothing changes
                7. A possibility for change or another option that can be taken
                8. The long term future of the situation-if the change thats described in #7 is taken
                9. A second possibility for change
                10. The long term future if the change in #9 is taken instead

If you're only worried about the short term over the long term you can remove cards 1, 6, 8, and 10 if you want a more localized spread.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, so now that the holidays are over and I'm not swamped with commissions and whatnotz and I'm able to go back to the stuff for fun/that will eventually make me money....

what kinds of spreads would you guys like to see me work on adding art to next for the book I'm working on?

Choices include stuff like the Celtic Cross, zodiac spread, "nighttime forest stroll", "two paths in the garden", chakra spread, "x" lover and things like that
                  sigpic

Comment

"Nighttime forest stroll" This one I have never heard of, I'd love to see that one.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Mkay, I'll work on that in the next few days. Left that sketchbook at home cause it's a big one
                      sigpic

Comment

So since it was suggested, here is the graphite/sketch work up for Nighttime Forest Stroll.

CIMG2143.jpg

This one is about facing your fears and realizing what you need to know, whats fake, and what you can do about it. You'll see why I did the background the way I did when you see what each of the cards means

1. What you need to know most about what you fear
                        2. What aspect of your fear is real
                        3. How you can combat it
                        4. What aspect of your fear is an illusion
                        5. How you can banish the illusion
                        6. What you fear the most
                        7. How you can overcome it
                        8. What you will learn by overcoming this fear
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X