How to find out who is my patron god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find out who is my patron god

I really not sure who my patron god is.i think it either Apollo or Eros.the reason why is because I like poetry and archery and music but I'm also dearly love the roman myth of Cupid(Eros roman equivalent) and psyche.how to I connect to them to see if their my patron god.

Re: How to find out who is my patron god

Many times they choose you, and can let you know in different ways. If you feel a stronger connection with a certain God or Goddess than it might be his/her way of telling you that they have chosen you. You can also try a ritual and ask who you Patron might be. It seems for me personally I have always had a connection with Cernunnos even before I knew what Wicca or even Pagan really was. And not too long ago Brigid opened her arms to me to offer healing it seems. It will eventually come to you though and it could even change at some point but don't worry to much about it. Blessed be

Comment

You could also choose your own. You don't have to only have one either. The more you reach out to them, the more likely they will return the communication so you can build the relationship together.

I haven't actually known many people who were "chosen" by a deity. More often, they feel they have an affinity for a specific identity and begin to research it more, building their repertoire and their understanding, then begin meditations, communications, and devotional practices to build that foundation.

Comment

Read their mythos. Read between the lines and figure out the symbolism. Meditate and pray to them. If you have a connection to either or both of them, you will know.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

I have had different experiences with this. One of my patron deities is a Mother Goddess figure. I had my first experiences with her when I was just a child, so I am pretty sure she chose me. Others I have developed a connection with only after i have learned a little me about there mythology.

Comment

edited out the multiple posts sorry

Comment

I think that my patron god is Thor. The reasons I think that
              are that I'm quite a belligerent person who likes to argue and
              quarrel (I read a story when Thor was going to Utgard where
              the giants live, and boy, did he snapped at their leader Utgard-
              Loki who thought that Thor was a mere weakling for not being
              able to empty the horn he drank from etc.), and I think more of
              the physical strength of the body that the mental strength of
              mind, and I read somewhere that those where Thor's characteristics,
              and he is also impulsive and gets the things done by instincts (like I
              do, in a way). Also, I wear Mjolnir with pride, and I am pleased when
              I hear the roar of the thunder in the sky above Midgard... Also, I like
              to think of Freyja as my patron goddess because I fall in love easily
              (no matter that a girl I found attractive for my tastes is not interested
              in me...)
              Last edited by FullHouseFan; 22 May 2013, 01:56.

Comment

Working...
              X