Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women health issues (The public version)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women health issues (The public version)

I couldn't figure out a section to put this. Anywho...
    Anyone have any experience with the Nuvaring and any side effects?
    Thanks.

Eh I figure post your questions here. Just try to use words like vajajay or cookie. :P
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Women health issues (The public version)

I've never had any experience with the ring. I can't take birthcontrol so hubby got snipped :-\

Comment

I don't know about the ring because I can't take "combination contraceptive pills" (my translator website haven't got too wide range of vocabulary in this kind of matters ). I mean pills that have both estrogen and progesterone. That's because my grandma has died to thrombosis AND I have had aural migraine. So I take minipills, which have only progesterone and they haven't made contraceptive rings which only had progesterone.. But i wish that would be an option, because it sucks to take a pill everyday. (of course I could take a two-years-lasting progesterone capsule to my arm.... but I don't like the idea. )

Comment

I'm on the pill so I honestly haven't a clue.. actually I had to good the nuvaring to find out what it was!! this is what the internet says on the subject of side effects

but this is all stuff you've probably already found yourself.. to be honest it sounds uncomfortable to me :P

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=687.msg10183#msg10183 date=1288970480]
          I'm on the pill so I honestly haven't a clue.. actually I had to good the nuvaring to find out what it was!! this is what the internet says on the subject of side effects

but this is all stuff you've probably already found yourself.. to be honest it sounds uncomfortable to me :P
          [/quote]

"Loss of Scalp Hair"?

Mostly art.

Comment

I have only had one person mention the Nuvaring to me, and it was a story about an allergic reaction, so it's not pleasant. Unfortunately, I have nothing useful :-X

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=687.msg10192#msg10192 date=1288971527]
              "Loss of Scalp Hair"?
              [/quote]

Most birth control that has a high androgen factor (e.g., male hormones) has this potential side effect. I was on Lo-Ovral for years & it started giving me male pattern baldness... so no more Lo-Ovral.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=687.msg10200#msg10200 date=1288972270]
                Most birth control that has a high androgen factor (e.g., male hormones) has this potential side effect. I was on Lo-Ovral for years & it started giving me male pattern baldness... so no more Lo-Ovral.
                [/quote]

good gods.

All the more reason for me never to use birth control (which I don't, nor have ever even tried)

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=687.msg10203#msg10203 date=1288972702]
                  good gods.

All the more reason for me never to use birth control (which I don't, nor have ever even tried)
                  [/quote]

actually you know what... This is putting me off birth control now.. xD I've already had to watch aload of my hair fall out once.. I wouldn't want to see it happening again perminently

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=687.msg10203#msg10203 date=1288972702]
                    good gods.

[/quote]

Yeah, but the point is that if you get side effects you change the pills, not try to suffer the side effects. :P Because it really depends on the person and the pill mark if you're getting the side effects or not and also if they have both estrogen and progesterone or just the second one. Same hormone but different pills and you might react compeletely differently. I've changed mine once because the previous ones made me grouchy.

Also one point in NuvaRing is that because it's changed once a month, the amount of hormones stay more stable and because of that you're supposed to get less side effects than with pills taken once per day. (Btw, i've heard two of my friends praise it and that's why I would have liked to test something similar)

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=687.msg10207#msg10207 date=1288973060]
                      Yeah, but the point is that if you get side effects you change the pills, not try to suffer the side effects. :P Because it really depends on the person and the pill mark if you're getting the side effects or not and also if they have both estrogen and progesterone or just the second one. Same hormone but different pills and you might react compeletely differently. I've changed mine once because the previous ones made me grouchy.

Also one point in NuvaRing is that because it's changed once a month, the amount of hormones stay more stable and because of that you're supposed to get less side effects than with pills taken once per day. (Btw, i've heard two of my friends praise it and that's why I would have liked to test something similar)
                      [/quote]

Every woman in my family who takes birth control needs to compliment it with anti-GO CRAZY pills, regardless of brand. So I've basically vowed to never try them. That besides, no matter how I look at it, they aren't natural.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=687.msg10215#msg10215 date=1288973930]
                        Every woman in my family who takes birth control needs to compliment it with anti-GO CRAZY pills, regardless of brand. So I've basically vowed to never try them.
                        [/quote]

Okay, i guess that's an acceptable reason. :P

That besides, no matter how I look at it, they aren't natural.
                        Well.. yeah.. that sucks to be honest. But I think it's a less bad thing to take them something like 5 years of your life (time you're having a serious relationship but not babies) than being afraid all the time of getting pregnant (especially with my extremely non-stable menstruation cycle). After (hopefully) having babies some day I think I'm gonna get a coil.

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=687.msg10218#msg10218 date=1288974253]
                          Okay, i guess that's an acceptable reason. :P

Well.. yeah.. that sucks to be honest. But I think it's a less bad thing to take them something like 5 years of your life (time you're having a serious relationship but not babies) than being afraid all the time of getting pregnant (especially with my extremely non-stable menstruation cycle). After (hopefully) having babies some day I think I'm gonna get a coil.
                          [/quote]

What's a coil?

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=687.msg10221#msg10221 date=1288974351]
                            What's a coil?
                            [/quote]

Ops.. Sorry, i think i used a wrong word. That's what the online dictionary said but...

This is what i ment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrauterine_device

(Dictionary says "a coil: Common name for any intra-uterine contraceptive device (Abbreviation: IUD)-the first IUDs were coil-shaped.&quot

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=687.msg10225#msg10225 date=1288975220]
                              Ops.. Sorry, i think i used a wrong word. That's what the online dictionary said but...

This is what i ment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrauterine_device

(Dictionary says "a coil: Common name for any intra-uterine contraceptive device (Abbreviation: IUD)-the first IUDs were coil-shaped.&quot
                              [/quote]

Ohhh...

See, I'm grossed out by the idea of putting something up there and leaving it for so long. I guess it works for some, though.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X