Sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage

I am a noob gardener attempting to grow sage. Does anyone have any tips they can provide (if you have grown sage before). Its not looking to good :/
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Sage

Hi d ^.^

I just started my garden mid last year, and started growing sage Dec last year. From what I've read and seen with Sage, you have to be careful not to overwater it. Make sure it has full sun. Make sure you've put it in a big enough pot. I also haven't really started to harvest my sage yet, just light pruning. Seems to be growing slowly. What do you mean by the sage is not looking too good?

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
      Hi d ^.^

I just started my garden mid last year, and started growing sage Dec last year. From what I've read and seen with Sage, you have to be careful not to overwater it. Make sure it has full sun. Make sure you've put it in a big enough pot. I also haven't really started to harvest my sage yet, just light pruning. Seems to be growing slowly. What do you mean by the sage is not looking too good?
      It certainly gets full sun, but maybe I am watering it too much in an attempt to save it. I have never pruned it since its never gotten big enough. It always seems to be constantly on the verge of death but it looks worse now than ever. I will see if I can maybe post a pic of it this evening
      There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

William Wordsworth

Comment

Mine is definately slightly light deficient, and I am going to have to add a light with a warm bulb for mine, someone brought up a good point about windows and drafts that can still frost, or be close to frost for the little guys, making it too cold for them to live properly. The soil they are growing in can affect how well they grow.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I defiantly agree that Sage does need a lot of sunlight which you seem to have covered and are you using soil that drains well? Sometimes it can help to have well draining soil if you tend to over water a little. The is the hardest thing about tending to any plant is over watering or under watering in my opinion. Oh and how far along is your sage? I hope your Sage perks up soon

Comment

I was going to post a pic of the sage plant but I am not permitted to post links lol. Im not sure if the soil drains well but the pot it is in does.

William Wordsworth

Comment

A little update on my beloved Sage plant lol. I moved it out of the full sun to where it gets partial sun and it has suddenly just exploded with green leaves! So happy! I guess when they were talking about full sun they didnt mean full Perth sun :P

William Wordsworth

Comment

I can't help in the slightest, but I just bought a "pineapple sage", and I kid you not, the leaves smell like pineapple!

IT'S WITCHCRAFT.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I can't help in the slightest, but I just bought a "pineapple sage", and I kid you not, the leaves smell like pineapple!

IT'S WITCHCRAFT.
                  That. Sounds. AMAZING.

William Wordsworth

Comment

Working...
                  X