X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more worry about the future

Iranian Scientist Claims to Have Built Time Machine
    It can see up to eight years into the future

Well, that's a relief. Now we only have to ask the Iranians what to do to solve all our future problems...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: No more worry about the future

What could possibly go wrong?
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      What could possibly go wrong?
      Oh the possibility's are endless I would think.
      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Sounds like the opening scenes of a horror movie. Any moment now demons will start popping out, or people will be sucked into alternate timelines.

But seriously, assuming there really is someone who thinks they've constructed such a thing and it's not just fabricated by hack journalists looking for an easy story to show how silly those backward arabs are, what would such a thing look like, how would it even work? Would you see the future on a screen? That seems kind of silly.

Comment

Well if there's ever going to be time machines, it would be of this sort.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
          X