trying to find a book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to find a book

I read a book several years ago and I can't remember the title or author and a google search isn't really helping.

I'm pretty sure it started with a woman going back in time.

It was a fantasy romance type.

I think there was something about Brighid, and possible the main character's name was Rowan... or she could have been the Brighid.

There was something to do with a quest and the main character had a male companion/protector or some such. I think there may have been an important sword involved.

I remember something about an island or something and I think it was protected by dogs. I'm really not sure on that.

At one point there was something about traveling and a wagon. I think this was some kind of reunion scene.

I know this is really all very vague, but if anyone recognizes what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate a hint. I can't get this book out of my head.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: trying to find a book

is the book "brighid's quest"? i guess there's a book called brighid's quest
    "A combination of mythology, time travel, adventure and romance makes this terrific novel one hot number." is the description a critic gave it and it's called grighids quest i dunno that's as close as i could come to finding a book with the description.

Comment

Re: trying to find a book

I did finally find the book I was looking for. I'll have to order it online since it's so old (it's not in ebook format, no longer in print, and the library doesn't have any books by this author), but it's called Fire Sword, by Adrienne Martine-Barnes. It's part of a series and I'm not sure if I read any of the other books in the series or not, but I definitely remember the first one. I'll see how close my memory is to the actual book when I can get ahold of one.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
      X