The Throat Chakra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Throat Chakra

I need to work on my throat chakra, I have significant communication problems which seem to be linked with my throat chakra (which seems to be blocked most of the time). I am a bit of a chakra n00b and ive done some reading up on it and its hard to tell what is legit and what isnt.

So if anyone has worked on something similar themselves and have suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: The Throat Chakra

if you're down on yoga, Jembru's chakra alignment is AWESOME

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      if you're down on yoga, Jembru's chakra alignment is AWESOME
      Never heard of it lol
      There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
        Never heard of it lol
        Never heard of yoga? If you clicked the link, you'll see I linked you to one of our member's blogs, where she explains how to use yoga to align the chakras.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Never heard of yoga? If you clicked the link, you'll see I linked you to one of our member's blogs, where she explains how to use yoga to align the chakras.
          Nah nah I have heard of Yoga lol. My bad didnt realise it was a link :P

William Wordsworth

Comment

If you're of age, get drunk (not too much) and talk to people. Honestly. This is how I am able to communicate better (yes, even when I'm sober). You probably know this, but balancing the chakras isn't just done by meditation, chanting, yoga, etc, it is also done by living life. I denied this for several years but I noticed when I engage in life life embraces me and I no longer lack where I used to- basically my chakras were being balanced naturally.

A more esoteric version is mantra. Chanting "OM NAMAH SHIVAYA" everyday is a traditional method of balancing the elements that correspond to the chakra (OM- Mind (Brow and Crown), NA- Earth (Coccyx), MAH- Water (Naval/Bladder) SHI- Fire (Solar Plexus), VA- Air (Heart), YA- Ether (Throat).

Also doing simple vowel incantation and feeling it vibrate throughout your body is a good one (I use Runic invocation as well). Placing your teeth together and humming 'MMM' after each vowel (UMM-OMM-AMM-EMM-IMM) helps vibrate my bones and activates my nervous system which helps the energy flow more smoothly which connects me better to myself and surroundings.

DO RE MI FA SO LA TI TI LA SO FA MI RE DO (ascend then descend the chakras) helps and adds extra power solving communication problems since it is a vocal exercise for singing, at least for me.

Another method to help with communication is to smile and say 'hello, how is your day' whenever you interact with people, from a get together to buying groceries (or some other common question or statement just to engage in conversation no mater how little. It helps build confidence in your communication skills).

I used to have communication problems as well, that's why I have so many suggestions. If you are interested, studying things such as NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and behavioral psychology (I suggest Paul Eckman) can help a lot as well. If you have friends that are willing you can always go over some of your problems and work on them.

One thing I did as a kid on camping trips dedicated to helping people tune in to themselves and their environment was to stand in two circles so each group faces each other. One at a time you say, "Hello, my name is _____, and I like _____," then switch. After you each have given your name and (short) answer of what you like, you just stare into each other eyes while you smile for about 1-2 minutes. This helps bond you not only vocally but emotionally as well, as long as you allow it. If you are in a group you do this with everybody in the circle. Oh yeah, and when you're done you give them a hug to strengthen the bond- you can even end with 'I love you' if you really want, but that is optional.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X