What's in your garden this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's in your garden this year?

I have a little flower bed. It has foxgloves, delphiniums, campanulas, gauras, daisies, black-eyed susans, and pansies. It's looking very nice this year.

Comment

Lavender, Lavender and more Lavender lol *obsessed* Rosemary, Monk's Kress, 3 different types of Lily's, Poppy Flowers, May Bells, wild Garlic, Basil, Thyme, An apple tree and a Plum tree...and last but not least common Hollyhock

Comment

We are also moving soon, so the only thing growing is lavender.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
          It died, it all died.
          Same.

We are re-making our veggies patches. Currently we have just herbs, parsley, sage, thyme, oregano and chives. The basil died. So did the lemon. So did the lavender.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It died, it all died.
            I'm pretty sure this is what's happened to my garden, as well. Basically had time to throw some sprouts and seeds into the ground before needing to leave town for two months. I planted corn, sage, lavender, mugwort, sunflowers, and cucumber plants. I'll be a surprise what I return to, if anything. Hopefully next year will allow for better planning...
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Mine went hella leggy, and then pretty much this...
              It died, it all died.

The only things which have survived are leggy ass catnip and uber leggy thyme, the two things i was worried about because I was positive I had planted them in too small containers.... well when the lavender (mostly brown and dead) and the sage (dying off one at a time) are properly un-salvageable In shall change pots, guess Imma keep buying my herbs... But at least the kitty gets fresh catnip...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally, I had planted tomatoes, peppers, basil, mint, and catnip. All of them died but the peppers and tomatoes and a few basil plants. I was surprised they've lasted this long, but I'm sure somehow they'll be destroyed epically. They always are.

One year, my dog stepped in the pot and destroyed my struggling chamomile, last year my dog stepped up his game last year and took the pots and planters and tore them to shreds. Nothing like that can happen this year, but I'm sure something will happen.

Comment

With A little research most herbs are insanely easy to grow. I work in a garden center and I'm constantly trying to learn more about gardening, so I'd be more than willing to help any of you out who are struggling with growing vegetables or herbs.

- - - Updated - - -

And for my garden this year, I live in Central New York and we had almost a month of constant rain and it took a toll on some of my gardens. I lost my peas, beans and peppers and some of my herbs. My potatoes look good but with all the water in the ground this year I'm a little worried about what I'll find when i dig them up. On the other hand, My tomatoes and zucchini loved all the rain so I'll be harvesting tons of those within a couple weeks.

Comment

Tomatoes, some other strange veggies that I hate eating, and something else I forgot were planted randomly in my un-tilled backyard this summer by my mom. She seems to think it will be an epic garden, but she planted it next to cement right where the ditch from the roof drains and she never bothered to weed around it. It's been over a month and I have yet to see her back there taking care of it, so I doubt anything will survive.

On the other hand, my self-blooming raspberry bushes are doing great.

Comment

I cleared out the overgrown flowerbed on the side of the house this year and used it for container gardening. I had enough room for seven whiskey barrel planters. Which are currently filled with various tomatoes, peppers, chives, and lots of herbs. Basil, oregano, lemon balm, and several varieties of mint. After pulling out all the weeds this spring I put down natural cedar mulch and the filled the space between the planters with daffodils, tulips, a couple of heather bushes, Asiatic lilies and lined the landscape timbers with annuals for a border. The mint has taken off marvelously (it usually does) and I have to pinch it back regularly.

Comment

There is always something worth while to see and to do in a garden.

Right now my witch hazel is about to be flowering.

Comment

i wont have a garden anymore to plant something this year the most horrible thing dfor a gardener...........

Comment

Tomatoes are still going strong, I think I've got close to 5kg off them now. I made 4kg into tomato sauce (yes, ketchup for you nutters). Two small capsicum plants, which I've got 5 ok sized peppers off (not hot) and it's flowering again. Lots of silverbeet, that I should really cut and freeze, a rhubarb, which needs at least another year before it can be harvested, then in the herbs, they are all doing well (sage, oregano, thyme, garlic chives and sweet basil). The coriander died off, but I got a nice little bowl of coriander seeds from it

Feeling pretty good about the garden at the moment! We're more than half way through building out big shade house for it, then I'll put in some more raised beds and get some cucumber and snow peas going. I re started the compost, but as it's not all enclosed yet, the dogs are getting into it atm.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Hubby just came back with this! As soon as the tomatoes are done we're going to plant Leek and Beetroot, depending on space, maybe some Carrots. Exciting!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I want a better garden this year. One with plants and stuff that aren't just simply weeds in a bed.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X