Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's in your garden this year?

Bump.

Torey has greenbabies coming up. Two types of beans have just broken the surface of the soil, and he just found the first baby berry on the strawberry plants.

This is the entire extent of our garden at the moment, because we rent. I do tend three rosebushes and trim some random unidentified bushes out the front, and there's a hibiscus tree in the backyard that I constantly have to pull passionfruit suckers out of (from the bush over the fence)... but I don't count those as our garden.

'Our' garden consists of two pots of beans and two pots of strawberries. And a little potted cactus on the kitchen windowsill. One day we'll have more.

Comment

Autumn is coming up here real fast so most of my little plants have moved inside for the winter. Some can handle the cold so I've left them out.
      But we have Apples, pears, cherries, red currants, rhubarb, dill, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano.
      A huge aloe Vera plant, a small apache pepper, and a single echinacea (more for looks than for actual harvesting). A couple of lavenders.
      Oh, also, way too much parsley. They took over an entire flower bed... Luckily for me I like parsley so it's okay...
      This autumn I'm going to plant some garlic since it takes them so long to grow up.

Comment

I has a new garden. It is an acre of land, bordered by pine trees. There are incense cedars lining the house, and a couple of fruit trees, along with some kind of native shrub with purple flowers.

Best of all, though - my garden is full of ravens and hawks. So many ravens - they caw and croak all day, and head for their roosts once the sun begins to set.

I will probably bombard y'all w/photos, once the work is done
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

My "Morning Glories" are in full bloom!

Gloriously blue!

Comment

I have caterpillars or slugs munching on my bean leaves. I've got some snail bait and vegetable dust - hopefully when the rain clears, I'll get rid of the little buggers!

But...the beans have now begun to fully climb their trellises and my strawberry plants gave me two strawberries yesterday!

Comment

Currently I'm tending to my winter harvest since our first snow fall this year took a large unexpected frosty bite out of my garden!

Right now the following is growing:
              Onions
              Garlic
              Pak Choi
              Kale
              Brussel sprouts
              And some broad beans
              "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Working...
              X