Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do You overcome of your Fears?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    If you find yourself refraining from going places, etc., because "there MIGHT be spiders there" - that's a problem. Dressing appropriately and having something with you that you can use to smack the lil boogers with, is preparedness. (but carrying a sledgehammer around is overkill. LOL)
    See I wanna cary a sledge hammer, or a shotgun, or one of my husbands giant shoes, but I don't want to kill them, and frankly if I can watch them, (through thick thick glass) they make beautiful webs, and are actually quite graceful. I just don't want them being beautiful or graceful where I can touch them... so mostly I throw things from the other side of the room until I can't see them anymore, and then avoid that side of the room, until I can force my self to forget why I am avoiding it! which is great because I have a horrible memory.

A good proper fear that I have is being alone in a room full of people. I have been trying to deal with it, (being at work doesn't count because I have a whole desk between me and the people, and it tends not to be enough to set me off.) But I shake and stammer and have a really hard tme being in a room full of people. It is ok if there are people I know and am comfortable with nearby, (key word, comfortable with,) but I break into a cold sweat and have trouble dealing with what is going on around me. This one is quite crippling sometimes, and is mildly PTSD related, so I am dealing with it... albeit slowly.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
      one of two ways, when im doing something with the cadets or staff, i get told "MTFU" i swallow and just do it(or get pushed).

or when i'm on my own or with other people, i center myself i clear my mind and focus on the objective and only that i do what needs to be done while not actually thinking about myself doing it.
      I am quiet the same.
      But when I have to defend someone who is dear or close to me, I do it without hesitation.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

About spiders,I am not afraid of them BUT I have a dislike that borders on mania. I will kill a spider with no thought,and that kinda also goes for bugs in general except butterflies and ladybugs. I just don't generally like bugs at all.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh wow, this is an intereting topic. Because my entire life in school revolved around others thinking I was "the smart one", I was always afraid they'd find out how average I was. It led me to make an effort to look like I never had to study or try for anything. I overcame it by........ I overcame it by............ okay, I still have this one and all of its manifestations lol.

Comment

Face them. This can be anyhtign from desensitization via exposure or it can be researched (a LOT of research, preferably from unbiased sources) followed by trying for myself.
            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

One thing that helps me conquer my fears is to get a little bit angry, but not to angry. When I was a kid I had a fear of stray dogs that would always chase me around. When I got tired of running from them I found that they weren't so tough when I stood and faced them. When they realized I wasn't scared I was able to chase then away. Now I'm not afraid of dogs anymore, and I like them better. sometimes even the biggest dogs look like puppies to me to me.

Comment

Working...
              X