Amazing news story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing news story

The news, if you haven't heard it yet, is that three women, kidnapped about 10 years ago, have been found, alive, being held captive in some guys house.

Police: No previous indication women were being held at Cleveland home

There aren't a whole lot of details yet...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Amazing news story

This is awesome...I saw this on my reader this morning before I left for work. What a wonderful outcome to such a tragedy!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad to see they are safe. Its utterly horrific what they have gone through. Makes me sick to think about ...

I hope they can re-integrate back into society easily, and find all the support they need.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        I hope they can re-integrate back into society easily, and find all the support they need.
        People will be falling over backwards to help them, which is good. But, of course, one can never really, REALLY recover from something like that.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The things these women have suffered and what the people holding them have done makes me sick, and I cannot consionably hope for anything short of throwing the proverbial book at theperpitrators of these acts. That they are safe now is astonishing, after all of this time families must largely have assumed that the women were deceased. Having family back from essentially the dead is phenominal. But what they went through will likely haunt them for the remainder of their lives, not to mention the 6 year old child as well. I wonder if thewomen will keep in contact with one another or avoid one another after al is said and done? And all blessings be on the man who helped the first woman escape, there are still human beings in this messed up world.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
          X