Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiccen Rede as a song - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiccen Rede as a song - What do you think?

Ok so it occurs to me after the fact that this is something i probably should have asked before the fact.

But i was listening to some music last night and it occured to me that it would be really helpful for remembering the rede if it was in a song as well as rhyme. Then i started thinking about how it could even increase the rede image (and by association paganism and wicca more specifically) if it was sung by a recognised artist. and then this song came on,

And i may have emailed him saying

Peter,

First of all id like thank you for many, many hours of happyness that your music brings me, you are a really really talented musician.

so this isn't strictly business so ill apologise to sending it to this email address. that said i'm not entirely sure what your religious beliefs are so hopefully ths wont offend you, however while listening to your version of the misty mountains the other day i got to thinking;

Im pagan personally and in paganism we have a set of rules that are followed this is the wiccen/witch's rede. now the verse's are quite fluid and no one has yet made a "song" of it which is something i think would be a very helpful feat. So while listening to your track the other day i couldn't think of anyone that would be more capable of turning the rede into a song and doing it the justice it deserves than your self.

Anyway it was just a thought that you could look into,

Regards
    To which he may have replyed

Thanks Andrew ill Check it out man. Appreciate the email.

- p
    so re gardless of weather he does or (maybe morelikely) doesn't do it, what do people think?

Re: Wiccen Rede as a song - What do you think?

The Rede is certainly lovely enough as a piece of poetry to be made into a lyrical song. And the adaption for Misty Mountains is really beautiful in the Hobbit movie. I always wondered what it would sound like if it were sung, and they did a superb job. Hope this fellow can do the same justice to the Rede.
    sigpic

Comment

if he decides to do it, he's american and at the end of the day still has to put his career first if this would be suicide for him then i wouldnt want him to do it, but if he does, id like to think it would be a really good thing.

Comment

i'd love to hear the rede as a song. i think that would be quite mesmerizing.

Comment

if he decides to do it, he's american and at the end of the day still has to put his career first if this would be suicide for him then i wouldnt want him to do it, but if he does, id like to think it would be a really good thing.
          Perhaps a task like this would be better left to an independent musician then?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemisia View Post
            Perhaps a task like this would be better left to an independent musician then?

well he is independant at the moement everything you see the video's ad music he does wither himself or with a friends help. but obviously he hopes to be main stream one day, and with the attitude alot of american's have towards paganism it could be damaging then again maybe this will help to re address some of those preduices.

Comment

well he is independant at the moement everything you see the video's ad music he does wither himself or with a friends help. but obviously he hopes to be main stream one day, and with the attitude alot of american's have towards paganism it could be damaging then again maybe this will help to re address some of those preduices
              I agree fully.
              sigpic

Comment

It would be nice to hear it as a song but I don't think he'll do it because as it's been mentioned it could damage his image. That being said stranger things have happened so it's always possible I suppose.
                Circe

Comment

Working...
                X