Regina Vasorum or Queen of Vases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regina Vasorum or Queen of Vases

While reading a book titled GREEK SANCTUARIES I was reading about the cult of Demeter and Persephone at Eleusis. One of the items contained in the article was the Regina Vasorum or Queen of Vases. It shows a number of Greek gods / goddesses.

It reveals some interesting depictions of various gods / goddesses that may be of interest to others. Clear depictions of Persephone, Demeter and Hecate. An interesting depiction of what is identified as Artemis yet no association with her huntress persona but more of a Thracian depiction with her staff reflective of Bendis.

It is a nice presentation and depiction that I think would be of benefit to most practitioners looking for graphical renditions of various Greek gods / goddesses.

Wikipedia has a nice picture graphic of who the gods / goddesses are depicted on the vase. I tried to link to the picture but was informed I do not have that permission so can not attach an image or link.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Regina Vasorum or Queen of Vases

You could just post the link as a text line until you are allowed to post links. The reason for the restriction is to stop spammers from doing a link flood here.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
    X