X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approval for postings to be displayed?

Hopefully this is allowed.

I am curious as to why I was initially allowed to make post or reply to posting and they appeared immediately. Yet now it seem's all my postings have to be approved by a mod before they are allowed. Is this a change to site policy or have I done something wrong?

I would pm this but not sure that will work either at this point.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Approval for postings to be displayed?

My first post had to be approved too (this is only my second) so I wouldn't think it's anything personal.

Comment

Needing approval doesn't bother me as much as the fact that a number of post have said they need the approval. Yet except for one post all the others have now been posted, some even in the same thread as the missing post.

Comment

When I first joined my posts appeared after about 3-5 days. It's just a moderator thing, nothing to worry about. After a week or so your posts will show up immediately as long as they aren't offensive or anything like that. Only one post wasn't approved and that was when I first joined. It's been a breeze since then.

Comment

There are so many trolls attracted to places like this, can't blame the mods for being careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortstuff View Post
            There are so many trolls attracted to places like this, can't blame the mods for being careful.
            Oh I can understand and respect that. Just trying to figure out the specific workings of this place as each site is a bit different in how they do things.

Comment

Probably that the first however new topics have to be moderated but that replies are OK as they're part of an established topic (or that the moderation feature isn't available for replies). Seems pretty standard for many of the forums I've been on.

Comment

One of the things that flag a new person's posts are when they have links to outside sites. This forum has always favored well-formatted text walls over linkstorms :-)
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

There's been no policy change. The approval system is the sites anti-spam software looking for things out of the ordinary. I'm not sure how it makes the decision of what to let through but it should stop preying on your posts once you have about 15 in. Till then if a post isn't released relatively quickly PM one of the staff.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    One of the things that flag a new person's posts are when they have links to outside sites. This forum has always favored well-formatted text walls over linkstorms :-)
                    That wouldn't be an issue as there were no links contained in it. But I have discovered that aspect also yesterday which was sort of a surprise as even my txt links were converted to html then disallowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    There's been no policy change. The approval system is the sites anti-spam software looking for things out of the ordinary. I'm not sure how it makes the decision of what to let through but it should stop preying on your posts once you have about 15 in. Till then if a post isn't released relatively quickly PM one of the staff.
                    That's good to know. Hopefully i'll hit 15 soon and that aspect will be behind me.

Comment

You should be fine now. Your count reads 16 so unless I'm in error on the number, you now have linking privileges and our filter should stop trolling you.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        You should be fine now. Your count reads 16 so unless I'm in error on the number, you now have linking privileges and our filter should stop trolling you.
                        Does that mean the awaiting approval post will now be released or does it still need to be approved by an admin? Sorry for the questions but perhaps it will help someone else in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

The missing post has shown up so not sure if the number count corrected it or an admin released it. Either way thanks for the info in this thread or any help an admin gave in releasing the posting in question.

Comment

Anything in moderation will probably still require approval but Juni would know for certain on that.

Moderation has other uses than the our auto-filter and passing 15 doesn't get your posts immunity to it. I'm just pretty sure that 15 is about where the filter is told not to snack on your posts just for the fun of it.

If you have any posts in mod that I haven't caught yet, toss me a PM with the threads they're in.

Comment

I don't see any posts awaiting approval in the queue. Are there any specific posts you have in mind?
                            Otherwise, Masked pretty much covered what I would have said.

PS: Just as an add, sometimes posting links doesn't have anything to do with it going into the moderation queue. Because newbies (people with less than 15 posts) aren't allowed to post links, most of the time their post will get rejected because the software noticed a url. But I have seen it happen on many occasions were valid but long (and I'm talking multiple 3-5 or more sentenced paragraphs) get caught by the filter as well so character count does play into it.
                            I have not found a bypass for the character count as of yet so for that I apologize and ask that if you are in that usergroup that has less than 15 posts, please be patient. If you don't see your post approved within a few hours, please just contact a moderator or admin to have them check the queue.

Thank you.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              I don't see any posts awaiting approval in the queue. Are there any specific posts you have in mind?
                              Otherwise, Masked pretty much covered what I would have said. ..
                              Only the one post was delayed and had to be cleared but it has since been released and posted to the thread in question. All the other's have cleared right away or within a few minutes of posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X