Druidry in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druidry in Australia

So, just getting my feet wet with Druidry. I am met with all these wonderful Northern Hemisphere festival and holiday dates and their meanings, and wondering how to fit it all into a practise here in Australia. It's not as simple as just reversing the seasons. In Australia, especially where I live, we don't really get four well-defined seasons that would mirror those experienced in the UK. Luckily for me, Julie Brett of Sydney has already done the hard work and put the effort into creating a Wheel of the Year unique to Australia! Not to say this is gospel, I just found it incredibly helpful. Maybe other Australian Druids will as well.

468309_10151684278208273_651610114_o.jpg

Here is a little bit about how she went about creating it http://druidsdownunder.blogspot.com.au/.

If anyone has any input into how Druidry can be practised in Australia unique to our ecology and ancestoral heritage, I would love to hear about it ^.^

Re: Druidry in Australia

That's super cool. I should make myself one for the North. Because I celebrate the WofY as it was made, but we don't really have the same four seasons here.

April-May = Spring
    June-September = Summer
    a tiny portion of the end of Sept + beginning of Oct = Autumn
    and then Oct - beginning of April = Winter

Doesn't really jive with the WotY...

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
    X