Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolfchant - Heathen Rise lyrics (discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfchant - Heathen Rise lyrics (discussion)

Lyrics from one of my favorite pagan bands, Wolfchant. The song's called Heathen Rise.

This is a tribute to all the heathens who died
    Tortured, enslaved and burnt to death by the servants of religious lies

May their spirits rise again to enlighten me
    And to bring back the lores which got lost in dark centuries
    May their ghosts rise again just to frighten those
    Who dare to convert innocence by force

Re: I'll just leave this here and see where the discussion goes...

I don't mean to be a party pooper but what are you trying to accomplish with the topic? I don't mean that in a snarky way. I'm just trying to figure out how to respond appropriately. Do you want people to comment on how they feel about the lyrics? How they interpret them? Do you want them to list lyrics of like nature? Also, I will probably rename the topic since the current one is really nondescript. (Please take this opportunity to tell me what you think it should be titled or I shall choose something myself).
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I think you're attempting to create a b*** at Christianity thread without taking responsibility for doing the b***ing. I invite you to prove me wrong, sooner rather than later.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        I think you're attempting to create a b*** at Christianity thread without taking responsibility for doing the b***ing. I invite you to prove me wrong, sooner rather than later.
        And I think you're so eager to leap on someone for their apparent dislike of Christianity that you're seeing intentions that aren't necessarily there.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion.

My invitation to Oden_Son to prove me wrong still stands.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I wasn't aware that many heathens were killed in the name of christianity? Do you have some sources?

Comment

There have been over many centuries death and destruction between many different religious and cultural groups. What is important is they are history and if we only dwell on the past,then in some ways we do not seek to understand the future. What was was,but what can or will be should be our main priority in dealing with these interactions between everyone. We journey into the future seeking a brighter and perhaps kinder planetary harmony.

WE become the pathway into our own future history.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I didn't have much of an idea where I wanted it to go when i posted this. I don't know if it's like this everywhere but where I'm from (upstate ny) there seems to be a pretty even split in the Pagan community over how we feel about Christianity and when it's brought up the conversations get pretty interesting. That song was playing on my ipod while i was looking around the forum and decided to post some lyrics.

And so we're clear, I belong to the side that detests all organized religion. If i wanted to start a thread to b**** about christianity, that's exactly what I'd do and i have no problem taking responsibility for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                There have been over many centuries death and destruction between many different religious and cultural groups. What is important is they are history and if we only dwell on the past,then in some ways we do not seek to understand the future. What was was,but what can or will be should be our main priority in dealing with these interactions between everyone. We journey into the future seeking a brighter and perhaps kinder planetary harmony.

WE become the pathway into our own future history.
                I do agree and while I freely admit to hating organized religion, my closest friend is also a Christian. I don't disagree with the belief in the Christian god or Jesus. The past is the past, but the only reason we aren't being killed for our beliefs is because the church doesn't have that kind of power any more and we need to make sure they never get that power again.

Comment

Indeed,we can be a collective for enlightenment,or we can be mongers of anger and hate. I know there are still pockets of contention between religious groups,but things are slowly changing. There will always those that cling to resentment and religious dogma about others that follow a different path. As these beliefs age they change when younger replace the older believers. The attitude towards the LGBT community are changing,as are the religious attitudes towards others. The road has been long and sometimes filled with violent reaction,but time does create new beginnings.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Oden_son View Post
                    I didn't have much of an idea where I wanted it to go when i posted this. I don't know if it's like this everywhere but where I'm from (upstate ny) there seems to be a pretty even split in the Pagan community over how we feel about Christianity and when it's brought up the conversations get pretty interesting. That song was playing on my ipod while i was looking around the forum and decided to post some lyrics.
                    There tends to be a pretty even split on the subject almost everywhere. As you haven't decided yet what you want out of this thread, I'm going to post what it is not allowed to be.

If this thread devolves into "B*** at Christianity on Pagan Forum" then I will kill it. This ruling is not subject to negotiation.

i have no problem taking responsibility for it.
                    Good! Best line you could have given me.

If, however, you decide that you want a "B*** about Christianity" thread then you are strongly advised to start one somewhere else.

Final Note:

You might also want to pick a title before Juni picks one for you.

Comment

Final Note:

Heh, sorry. Already done.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Wolfchant - Heathen Rise lyrics (discussion)

I really see it from both sides. I accept everyone, like i said it's the organization of the church I have the problem with, not the followers themselves until they try to take away my rights. I can't deny that when I hear a great metal song with anti christian themes I can't help but feel a certain sense of empowerment. That probably comes more from being a metal head than a pagan.

Comment

There tends to be a pretty even split on the subject almost everywhere. As you haven't decided yet what you want out of this thread, I'm going to post what it is not allowed to be.

If this thread devolves into "B*** at Christianity on Pagan Forum" then I will kill it. This ruling is not subject to negotiation.

Good! Best line you could have given me.

If, however, you decide that you want a "B*** about Christianity" thread then you are strongly advised to start one somewhere else.

Final Note:

Then perhaps you could lay out in very clear terms what qualifies a thread as a 'Bitch About Christianity,' thread, as opposed to a thread wherein a legitimate conversation takes place and legitimate arguments and criticisms are laid out in the context of a discussion about the role Christianity has played/plays in history and modern society, especially re: their relationship with and influence on ancient paganism and the modern neo-pagan movement

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                            Then perhaps you could lay out in very clear terms what qualifies a thread as a 'Bitch About Christianity,' thread, as opposed to a thread wherein a legitimate conversation takes place and legitimate arguments and criticisms are laid out in the context of a discussion about the role Christianity has played/plays in history and modern society, especially re: their relationship with and influence on ancient paganism and the modern neo-pagan movement
                            You know a smiley face doesn't make that paragraph sound any less antagonizing, right?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Oden_son View Post
                              And so we're clear, I belong to the side that detests all organized religion.
                              If you detest organised religion how can you be a druid?

Comment

Working...
                              X