Employment hints tips and Spells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment hints tips and Spells

So seeing as how Rubbish the worlds economy is at the moment i thought this would be a good thread,

So do you have a hint or a tip that helps you stand out to employer's are you super good at writing out CV's or do you have a really useful spell that can help people out,

TIP:

Employers on average only spend 20 - 30 seconds looking at a CV

SPELL:

Success in Applyingfor a job
    (getting an interview)

Clover
    Dandelion

Preperation:

Collect and dry fresh, dandelion and clover. Cut into the smallpieces. Write out the spell and fold it into a packet add the herbsto the packet.

On a friday or saturday night of a waxing moon. Do the spell.

Open your circle and invoke earth

Face north,

HailGuardians of the North,
    We summon the powers ofEarth!
    Cave of darkness,
    Standingstone,
    the celebration of flesh and bone,
    WithStillness, the power of silence,
    I invoke you!

(Astrong moment of silence, feeling the body.)
    Bythe Earth that is Life's body,
    Bewith me now!

Dig a hole and bury the packet, imagining green energy surroundingyour phone intone:
    Anyways theres my contributions for now so lead on

Re: Employment hints tips and Spells

I've been doing money spells, banishing spells, and luck/prosperity spells since last October. Nothing's worked yet.

Or the universe seriously has a vendetta against me.

Mostly art.

Comment

mmm well i hadnt even got round to doing this spell yet (was waiting for the right move) and the calls started rolling in after id designed, but maybe that was just coicidence :P

Comment

I'm not really a spell caster so my input is probably moot or unwanted in this thread... but I'm gonna say it anyway because I feel that practical knowledge can be just as powerful as spellwork.

I firmly believe that if you are trying to impress an employer/company - regardless of if it's one you already have or one you are applying for - you have to be presentable and educated in what you're getting into. By that I mean the following:

Dress conservative and appropriately for the environment you'll be working in. For the interview, dress even nicer but not too over the top. (Is it Construction? Office? Medical? Food?)
        Know a little history about the company: What they do, who their customers are, the type of people they tend to employ.
        Easy to read and not overwhelming Resume. If you have experience in lots of different fields, list the ones that relate to what you're applying for. Schooling counts, if you don't have a long work history. Plus, employers don't like to see that you worked at places for 3 months here, 5 months there... It makes it look like you jump around too much and they will most likely pick the person that works at places for 3 years, and 5 years since they appear to be more of an investment.
        HAVE REFERENCES! Even if they don't call them, have them ready.

Everybody applies to get a job so they can make money. That's a given or no one would have a job. You need to survive. They know it. However, what I think a lot of people don't consider is that the employees make the company. You need to help your company succeed so that they in turn can compensate you. SOMETIMES that means putting in more than the bare minimum of what's required. Depending on the job and what your employer approves, 8-5 is perfectly acceptable. Not everyone employer likes to pay overtime. Get a feel for what your employer (potential or current) looks for and try to exceed it, if possible. That is, if you're looking to advance in the company. If you think it's worth it.

Sorry for the wall of text. *shrug* If you've already attempted the above then feel free to just ignore it. I'm only basing this on what I've experienced in my course of having jobs.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Also, don't lie on applications. Most especially don't lie badly. It's highly entertaining from a manager pov to receive an app saying "no criminal history" from someone who needs me to sign paperwork from the Department of Corrections saying that they spoke with me. It's also a guaranteed, giant, "Do Not Hire!!!" sign.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

No Juniper this is exactly what the thread is for, not just spell work but for experienced tips like what youve put down

Comment

As a tip -

Do some research regarding interviews. The questions asked tend to be driven by whatever current theory is floating around. If you check around on the internet, you'll be able to find some of those questions, and have good responses planned out.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                I've been doing money spells, banishing spells, and luck/prosperity spells since last October. Nothing's worked yet.

Or the universe seriously has a vendetta against me.
                More like you're confusing things to trying to do too much.

Comment

I second the "come up with a real good reason for wanting this job" comment. When I'm applying within my field, I have a myriad of reasons why I want a job, and tbh, nobody ever asks that question in geology.

Since I'm scrounging for regular-low-pay work, I get asked this question a lot. My real reason is: I need a job. But I can't say that. I have to make something up - so make sure you know enough about the company that you can say "Oh, because I just love working with people" or "I really want to advance my skillset in X department" etc.

Mostly art.

Comment

Something from an old friend of mine,don't know if it would work for you but you never know. What he used to do was go to the guy he wanted to work for and tell him I will work for free for one week,if you like me hire me,or just tell me to leave. He got a LOT of jobs that way.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So Another one, Cover letter for you CV (resume) Some people don't bother with them, others just write out the one and leave it at that,

You should always write out a Full Cover letter For EACH job you apply for tailor it specifically to the needs for tthat job.

Comment

Working...
                      X