One more reason to make weed legal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more reason to make weed legal.

Well,now it seems smoking weed helps keep your weight down,and in our obese nation,nothing will sell the legal use of weed like being good for your weight.

Not sure how this works what with the munchies.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: One more reason to make weed legal.

Eh sure why the heck not... Not sure i believe it myself... but I don't believe anyone that says something will help me lose weight...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Wow - that's like saying that potato chips and twinkies will help control weight...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Wow - that's like saying that potato chips and twinkies will help control weight...
        Technically they do, they just don't help in controlling your weight in making it less... but they will bring your weight all sorts of up! Which is a direction of control I suppose...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Err...I dunno about this. I *suppose* there could be a relative factor involved, like say that only a certain percentage of users will experience the munchies. The percentage that does not might experience a suppressed appetite. I've found the same to be the case with alcohol - some people crave food some time after drinking, some feel an aversion to food for a time, nausea and sickness aside.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I'm not saying that's true, but there are countless strands of medical marijuana (marijuana in general) for countless reasons. Sometimes when... a friend... smokes weed it causes different body and mind reactions from headaches, major munchies, intellectual musings, passing out to a number of other good or bad reactions. It's like food- some food makes you feel heavy, some makes you feel light, some gives you energy and some makes your run to the nearest toilet. It's all a matter of what type it is and how you get it into your system (vaporizer, joint, pipe, bong, hash pipe, tea, etc).

Comment

Didn't help me, lol. I eat more when I'm Stoned. And do even less physically. Although the sex is amazing.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                Didn't help me, lol. I eat more when I'm Stoned. And do even less physically. Although the sex is amazing.
                Everything is better when I'm stoned, but I love to walk and talk when I am stoned. I get more engaged in life... and sex is always good when in an altered state... but sometimes the giggles over power to first several minutes... or the whole session and climax is averted until a more sober state sets in.

Comment

Hmm, I keep hearing such nice things about weed. Still, I'm not touching the stuff until I can buy it off Amazon and then only if it's prime.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me, especially if you're talking long term use. Every heavy smoker I know is either average or underweight. I wonder what the mechanism at work is, since on appearances you'd expect the whole 'munchy' issue to cause the opposite effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                      Wouldn't surprise me, especially if you're talking long term use. Every heavy smoker I know is either average or underweight. I wonder what the mechanism at work is, since on appearances you'd expect the whole 'munchy' issue to cause the opposite effect.
                      Now that you mention it, I can't recall ever having seen a regular pot smoker who was overweight. My roommate is a stick, and all my stoner friends are sticks, too...

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Now that you mention it, I can't recall ever having seen a regular pot smoker who was overweight. My roommate is a stick, and all my stoner friends are sticks, too...
                        Actually, sitting and thinking about it... the few pot smokers I know are rail bloody thin... and a good friend has quit smoking pot and gained all sorts of weight... now I have to start polling my "regularly using" friends...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

This does seem to hold true. I partake in marijuana and I weigh 110 lbs on a hefty day. Most of the stoners I hang out with tend to be on the small side as well. Sure, there's munchies, but it's not like you give into them every​ time you get high. Some people don't even get 'em.
                          I imagine that marijuana causes some sort of metabolic reaction that changes the way the body processes fat, or something. Very interesting, to say the least. I hope more research is done on it in the future.

Comment

THC metabolites are stored in fat, that's a proven fact, so there may be something to it.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

The only problem I have with pot is that it's SMOKED. If you are sitting next to me drinking beer, unless you spill it on me, there's no effect. If you are sticking a needle in your veins, same. But a joint, or cigarette? I have to wash my clothes, take a shower, shampoo, etc., to get rid of that....And I won't even get into what it does to my eyes. THC pills, or baked into brownies/sprinkled on pizza/whatever? Fine! Enjoy!!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X