X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive, mile-wide tornado rips through Oklahoma City area

Here is the link the title says it all.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Massive, mile-wide tornado rips through Oklahoma City area

My cousin lives out there. She's OK, thank goodness! What an awful thing.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Holy shit, my boyfriend is in OK City right now.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Holy shit, my boyfriend is in OK City right now.
        Hope he's alright! OKC proper wasn't a direct hit but needless to say there are lots of power outages etc., so don't panic if you haven't heard from him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Hope he's alright! OKC proper wasn't a direct hit but needless to say there are lots of power outages etc., so don't panic if you haven't heard from him.
          Coincidentally, I heard from him right after I read this on the news. He's okay; he's actually in Chickasha, but they could see if from where they were working. Cell phones are down, he stole some wifi from a McDicks to send me a text.

It was scary for a few minutes there, though.

Mostly art.

Comment

just seen the death toll so far,

My thoughts prayers and energy go out to those of Oklamhoma edmond area

Comment

Yes, this was a sad way to begin the day today. My prayers are with them also.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

The devastation is absolutely amazing - that school, in particular. Anybody being injured or killed in a disaster is terrible, but thinking of those third grade kids (8 years old) just makes me shudder.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

i still cannot believe i awoke to this tragedy...my thoughts, my energy and deepest prayers go out to all those families, that have lost and are still searching in hope to find they're loved ones!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    The devastation is absolutely amazing - that school, in particular. Anybody being injured or killed in a disaster is terrible, but thinking of those third grade kids (8 years old) just makes me shudder.
                    The bf is really worried about the kids, too. In the brief text I got from him yesterday, all it said was "I'm safe, I'm okay, but I hope the kids are okay"

I feel a bit awful because just last week we were talking about tornadoes, and I was chiding him for not being excited to see one (he saw a super tiny one last week that didn't touch the ground). But...I didn't think a massive one would show up.

Mostly art.

Comment

I have to ask dont these freaking schools, have storm shelters?

20 kids 20,

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                        I have to ask dont these freaking schools, have storm shelters?

20 kids 20,
                        I know...I don't understand that. That's dead center of Tornado Alley.
                        sigpic

Comment

What I don't understand is why are the children's lives deemed more important than the adults? I mean, yeah, I feel bad for the elementary school too, but what about the adults? If there are 20 kids dead, out of a count of 47, then that's still 27 adults dead.

Why isn't anyone feeling bad for the adults?

Mostly art.

Comment

The lack of storm shelters in Tornado Alley confounds me too - always has. I grew up in north Texas and we saw tornadoes every single year - and yet nobody seemed to have so much as a basement to hide in. Oh, and to top it off, basements only seem to exist in places like I'm at now - where floods are a huge problem. Seriously? Let's just take all the basements away from flood-prone areas and put them in tornado-prone areas...they really need it and the flood areas really don't. Storm shelters and basements should be standard stuff down in Tornado Alley. I imagine we'd have a lot less tragedy...

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              What I don't understand is why are the children's lives deemed more important than the adults? I mean, yeah, I feel bad for the elementary school too, but what about the adults? If there are 20 kids dead, out of a count of 47, then that's still 27 adults dead.

Why isn't anyone feeling bad for the adults?
                              Truth be told, I'm most upset about the horses.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X