Cookin' for Groups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookin' for Groups!

So, what do you all cook for groups of 3-4 people? for me having an Italian grandmother that means pastas, pizza, massive salads and chicken/sausage dishes. It means spending all day stewing tomatoes and mixing arcane and strange spices. I do kitchen magic in nearly everything I cook, from the tools I use to the times and even days I make it. How about everyone else? I might post a few of my stomach straining recipes.

Re: Cookin' for Groups!

Stuffed shells, spaghetti, walking tacos are always good.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

people always love my roast dinner, and my mum makes a brilliant chilli that we always have when we get together.

Comment

I don't really have a set group dinner, though it often involves food I think/know my guests haven't tried before and that I love. I get really excited about..well everything, honestly, and so love to share it with people. This includes recipes that I've loved.
        Tomorrow night I -am- having a cousin over and I'm struggling mightily with what I'd like to make for her. I don't think she's terribly adventurous, so I'm probably going to do a meat and a salad and roast potatoes.
        My Tumblr
        My Webcomic
        My Twitter

Comment

Anything I feel like. Tacos, burgers, pasta, pizza, thanksgiving turkey, roast chicken, sauerbraten, spaetzle, potato salad, curry.....

Comment

Curry. Or salad.

But most likely curry.

Mostly art.

Comment

It made me chuckle when you said four was a large group...I have a spouse and two kids, and I *still* need to cut back from cooking the way I did when I was growing up...lots and lots of church dinners where I was bringing potluck to feed 15-20, lots of family events where just my mother's sisters, kids, and grandbabies meant over 150 people.

This was Utah, so burgers/hotdogs, massive salads(potato, pasta, and jello), funeral potatoes, soft rolls, casseroles, and massive trays of homemade bar cookies and brownies. Unless it was Christmas, which was always Mexican food.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Yeah I also don't really consider 4 people much of a group. That's me, my boyfriend, and another couple, and we do that fairly often. I host Thanksgiving dinner each year for anywhere between 15-20 people. That's a good sized group. Anything smaller than that only involves a bit of simple planning.

Comment

heh. With a husband and three teenagers -- I cook everything for a group of 5. You name it.

If we are entertaining, which means 16-25 people, I find it is good to plan a menu where as much as possible can be done 1-2 days out, with only 2-3 things the day of. Truly, even a casserole-type dish, such as escalloped potatoes, tastes better rewarmed the second day.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                  X