Any druids out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any druids out there?

I am trying to start practicing Druidry more...properly I guess is the word I'm looking for. I have been practicing on my own for many years and it's hard with out a relieable sorce of imformation. I have found alot on the internet, but much of it contradics each other. I understand that there is no set in stone practice for my path, but I would like to have a little more guided experence. so if there is anyone out there please let me know even if you don't know alot maybe we can compair notes.

Re: Any druids out there?

Hello BuddyTheWild,

I am looking into Druidry a little myself, although from a Christic perspective at the moment. No matter what I say about Yahweh, he won't let me go and I'm not that sure I want him to yet. So, at the moment my path is a blend.

In my research I have found that Druidry encompasses learning, but far more so practise and self-development. Would you agree?

I know there are at least 2 others in the PF community that practise Druidry, and quite a few more who know about it.

I would love to compare notes with you as we journey. Feel free to pm me any time. I visit this site every other day or so.

Comment

My husband considers himself Druid, and a good portion of my practice is inspired by Druidry. The thing to remember is that there are different types of Druids, and depending on what sort of Druid one is talking to, their practices and outlook will differ greatly. Personally, I'm a fan of the AODA, and I quite like their training program.
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Just looked that training program up, Thalassa, and it looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          Just looked that training program up, Thalassa, and it looks awesome!
          It is actively something I have wanted to do myself, as soon as I pay down some of my school debts, (and outstanding collection balances,) I plan on doing the AODA course myself, dont know how long it is going to take for me to get there though...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Thanks I just looked into AODA I had not yet ran across that one. I would like to do something like that, but I do not believe anyone should have to pay for being part of a religious group, but I also understand they need funding. Then again I go not view druidry as simply a religion, but more a way of life then anything else. And Yes Azvanna I do agree.

Comment

Working...
            X