Cancer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancer.

Some of you know my sister-in-law has advanced stage ovarian cancer.

Today, she took a turn for the worst, and has been given one week, or perhaps two.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking for. Hope, or prayers. Candles, or cuss words. I'm going there in a month, but it looks like I will be going for her funeral, and not to visit her. I'm trying to get my flights changed, but I think it will mean giving up a job I've waited so long for (and I don't really have enough money to change my flight, anyhow).

That's irrelevant, right now.

I'm worried about my partner. I've had two years to worry about this moment, but now it's here, and I'm further worried. It's his baby sister. She's younger than me.

So witches. Work your magic. Can you cure cancer? Broken hearts?

Mostly art.

Re: Cancer.

Oh dear Sending good vibes your way. We're all here for you.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll light candles for her and for you and your partner. Sending you all hope and love.
      My Tumblr
      My Webcomic
      My Twitter

Comment

Sending healing vibes.....
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I send Reiki your way for whatever purpose you need.

Comment

D***

May Fortune turn its best favor upon the woman afflicted and all who care for her.

Also may any and all variations of Murphy's Law go F*** themselves with rusty objects. You don't need that side of the universe's humor in the days to come.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Comment

Sending blessings and big welsh cwtches (hugs - but a special, snuggly sort) to you and your sister in law. Sending thoughts of love, healing (which takes many different forms) and comfort. Will light candles later today. Thinking of you. Tylluan XX
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

No, we can't. But maybe we can. I don't know, in the face of things like this it's always hard not to simply assume that we're mere humans.

You're in my heart. I'm gonna make a prayer bag right now. I KNEW I was sewing that frickin thing for a reason! If you'd like to PM me her name I could meditate on that as well, maybe send a picture or something that I could print out and insert. The prayer bag is already in the shape of a butterfly, it's a tiny little thing but I'm going to stuff it with herbs (WILLING TO TAKE SUGGESTIONS) and such, then sew it shut.

What to do with it from there...possibly hang it in a tree somewhere to let the wind ruffle it, or bury it, or...

Anyway. I'll figure that out later. You know how to get a hold of me if you need to talk. I know that our schedules clash a lot, but I've always got time to read a message from you and at least start meditating on you. <3
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

You guys are all wonderful. My partner isn't pagan, but I'm going to forward all these messages onto him, to let him know how much complete strangers care for his sister.

I was really upset when I found out last night. He wasn't even going to tell me - but I could tell something was wrong, and lately, when something is wrong enough that he's not talking about it, it's usually something to do with his sister. So he told me. He's down in the States working right now, and is getting flown home to the North on Monday. After that, he'll book it down to Ontario to be with his family.

I don't think I can follow - not and keep the job I may be getting offered in the next few days. In the interview they agreed to give me time off to go and visit next month, though they have requested that I change my flight and make the visit shorter (I was going to go for two weeks, they said they absolutely can't have me gone that long) ...but, even if I could go down now, I can't afford to go down twice - that wedding we have to attend is another reason we're going down to Ontario next month. And if I just stayed from now until the next month, well...I'm perilously close to not being able to pay for rent. Unfortunately, rent doesn't go away with tragedy.

I mostly just really want my bf to be okay. We've known she was likely not going to make it for a long time now, but so long as she was doing treatments, there was hope. She stopped her last chemo treatment a few weeks ago, and the doctors had run out of ideas. She's already removed both her ovaries, done chemo twice, radiation once, and a full year of experimental research drugs, to no avail. She figures she had cancer as a late teen, because she used to complain of very bad 'down there' cramps, but the docs always dismissed it as a menstrual thing. When they finally realized she had cancer, it was because the tumour was so large and she was in so much pain, that she looked like she was pregnant. Once they removed her ovaries (two separate surgeries), they realized the growth had spread into vital organs, so that's when chemo started.

But...it wasn't supposed to be so soon. Just a few weeks ago we thought she'd have at least a year left. We were going to move down there to be with his folks, and to help out, and bake her cancer curing cupcakes, or something. It was supposed to work out.

So she's going to stay at the hospital today, where they'll hook her up and give her things to ease the pain, but even the doctors said, once she's in the hospital, she's not likely to leave again.

Thank you for your kind words and warm wishes, and for your prayers.

Mostly art.

Comment

Im sorry, vol, ill send you any energies i can,

Comment

So sorry for your pain and sorrow Vol,good vibes and heart felt care and blessings to you and your loved ones.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I am so sorry V...sending all I can your way!!! You will be in my thoughts, prayers and heart!!! Be strong

Comment

I will be working with my kullas tonight to send healing and soothing energies energies to you, your sister, your BF and his sister. I'm saddened to hear this news and wish that there was more I could to to help ease the burden of grief. Many hugs coming your way, V.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I am so sorry...I will send some good vibes her way and yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X