Modern Religio Syncretism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Religio Syncretism

I'm wondering how you all worship synced deities. Do you tack on their name to one of the Dii? Do you worship them as a separate deity under a Roman or native context? Do you think syncing is bad? etc

Re: Modern Religio Syncretism

My own brand of polytheism has each deity as their own being, regardless of their similarities to others. I may be similar to my sister, but we're still our own people ishow I view it. I don't think it's wrong or bad to sync gods, it works for some people. I simply keep deities as individuals in my own practice.
    My Tumblr
    My Webcomic
    My Twitter

Comment

I have a wierd way of seeing them, I feel like dieties are less inclined to be what we want them to be, for instance, a deity could be warm and cuddly to one person, and another person may see this deity as a harsh teacher. The people may call them by the same name, but that doesn't make them the same deity. On the same note there are some very distinct deities which have glaring similarities across pantheons, likely from peoples migrating and their ideas of their gods changing and blending with local gods. Which doesn't make them different deities... So I guess the way I see it is that they exist in such a way as to be what is needed, ultimately I think naming them is giving name to an aspect of what we consider to be divine, many and the same all at once.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

As they did in late antiquity, I see correspondences. But I don't know that it is my place to say if it is the same divine with two names or not. Personally, I am cautious about even naming the divines much less "stacking" on names. Who am I to say what a divine is or should be called. I have my names for them but I do not presume to think I know their "real" names.

The more we decide what is or correct or incorrect with our mortal/conscious minds, the more we are just playing make believe.

Comment

Working...
        X