X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druidry

Can somebody explain Druidry for me please? Thanks

Re: Druidry

That's a really, really broad question. Druidry isn't just a single path. This may be a case where google and a library trip are your friend, and after some reading, then you can have some more specific questions.
    My Tumblr
    My Webcomic
    My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlife View Post
      Can somebody explain Druidry for me please? Thanks
      It's very broad. About the only thing you can generalise about it is that it's based in 19th century Romanticism and the Celtic Revival, and it attempts in some fashion to revive nature-centred spirituality and Celtic culture. It's not inherently polytheistic, but most forms of Neodruidism are polytheist and pagan; though some prominent organisations are largely monotheistic, even Christian in nature (depending on if you think of them as Druidic or not, e.g. the Welsh Gorsedd of Bards).

Comment

Modern Druidry is not usually a recon path, but some Druid groups still attempt to be as historically accurate in a modern context as historical and archaeological information allow them to be. Even so, many modern Druids agree that the content of a spiritual tradition, rather than its history, determines its validity.

Sometimes you will see "Druidry" vs "Druidism"--often (but not always) Druidry is preferred by those emphasizing the Revival traditions, whereas Druidism is often (but not always) preferred by those taking a more recon approach. Some of the modern Druid groups include the Henge of Keltria, the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids (OBOD), the Ancient Order of Druids in America (AODA),are others).
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Depends on whether you want to know about the original druidry or the modern druidry. You won't find much on original druidry I am afraid. Perhaps some people will be able to recommend some books or online resources for modern druidry.
          There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
          William Wordsworth

Comment

Working...
          X