How do you add multiple response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you add multiple response

How do you adjust the settings or can you even change them so that multiple postings are not compiled into a single post? I try to shorten some postings or add additional material in a follow-up post only to keep getting them merged and making it to large for the board specifications.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: How do you add multiple response

board specifications? I'm not aware of a max post size (or at least not a particularly easy to reach one) but Juni would know more. What precisely is going wrong?

Past that, the auto merge feature is active till either another poster comments or for about an hour after you post. I don't believe it can be altered at the user level but I could be wrong.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      board specifications? I'm not aware of a max post size (or at least not a particularly easy to reach one) but Juni would know more. What precisely is going wrong?

Past that, the auto merge feature is active till either another poster comments or for about an hour after you post. I don't believe it can be altered at the user level but I could be wrong.
      Mostly what is happening is I've tried to enter a couple of items that discuss Spirit Guides that are sort of long. Figured i'd make each a separate entry but the software keeps merging them all together and exceeding the site maximum which is 10,000 characters it looks like. To be honest this is the first site I've encountered that type set up with specifications so didn't know where it was set at or by whom.

They could probably go as individual threads but figured it might be of more benefit being compacted into one thread for the original OP's inquiry.

If its not possible no big deal it's just something I have to get used to for this site.

Comment

till an admin can comment, the shortcut is to space out your posting. The merge feature is only active for about an hour. In the meantime, I'll toss this to an admin and see if they have have an answer.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          till an admin can comment, the shortcut is to space out your posting. The merge feature is only active for about an hour. In the meantime, I'll toss this to an admin and see if they have have an answer.
          Thank you. I went ahead and created a new thread so that solved the initial aspect but I am curious about the settings though.

Comment

Okay, spoke with Juni about this a few days ago. I was hoping the auto-merge could be altered to not activate if the result would break the size limitation. That is not currently feasible and at this point in time we aren't raising the size restriction because to date the demand for it has been vanishingly small and it was originally imposed to counter wall-of-spam. If you run into the cap again then as stated previously auto-merge is on a timer. An alternate option depending on the time of day is to PM me (I'm not normally visible on the active user list but if I'm in chat then I'm also on site and I check in frequently regardless) and I'll throw a post in. Once anyone posts after you the merge feature is turned off and you can post normally. If something comes up to change matters or I think of another option then I'll let you know.

Comment

Thanks for the update and info. The larger size posting for me is more an exception than a rule so I can just wait out the time period then add the additional material if needed. I suppose it will make me more aware of my word usage as I at times get rather wordy. he he he

Comment

Working...
              X