Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware! Yoga is the door to Satanic possession!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware! Yoga is the door to Satanic possession!

E.W. Jackson, Virginia Lieutenant Governor Candidate, Says Yoga May Result In Satanic Possession

Actually, I've heard this before. My daughter (a Baptist) was told by my sister-in-law (peculiar born again something) that she had to stop doing Yoga because the movements = worship of pagan gods. Fortunately, daughter knows sister-in-law is a loon, so it wasn't much of a problem...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Beware! Yoga is the door to Satanic possession!

This guy is an effing nut job. The Cooch (the GOP gubernatorial candidate) isn't any better (he's the one that wanted to make Virtue more "virtuous")
    I should know, I live in Virginia and all.

Needless to say, I'm voting for the other guy running for gov. The other guy could be Satan, and I'd probably still vote for him, on the basis of Satan being the lesser of two evils .
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I don't even have words that match the magnitude of this man's .... mental state... So I'll just do this.

*headdesk*

Comment

Technically yoga movements are associated with ancient Vedic deities. Obviously this guy is a fundamentalist. Christian imperialism has committed religious genocide and genocides against people. Yes, before we get responses defending Christians, not all Christians are like that. We just cannot divorce the fact that many of these fundamentalist far right Christian speak with a devils tongue. Even if yoga is in honor of deities and enlightenment, whats to say for all the pagan elements in Christianity? The Trinity concept predates Christianity with the Greek Mystery traditions. The whole concept of the 'WORD' is taken directly from Greek mystery teachings. All of the holidays to even certain forms of worship are all taken from pagans. Consuming the blood of Christ again comes from Greek traditions with Dionysus (also Osiris of Egypt and Mithras of Iran). Eating bread again is taken from these traditions. We could go on with an endless list of pagan elements in Christian worship and doctrine. Unfortunately these fundamentalist do not study or learn anything about histories of their religion and others. So they speak nonsense and the tons of fundamentalist sheep follow them.

Comment

Yeah, doesn't surprise me. Things that can lead to satanic possession according to Christianist extremists:

Harry Potter
          Dungeons and Dragons
          Meditation
          The Exorcist
          Jesus Christ Superstar
          Ouija
          Tarot
          reading the Satanic Bible
          Led Zeppelin
          bar codes (yes really, no joke)
          black cats
          and now, yoga

next:
          tai chi
          voting Democratic
          voting moderate Republican

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            This guy is an effing nut job. The Cooch (the GOP gubernatorial candidate) isn't any better (he's the one that wanted to make Virtue more "virtuous")
            That was a pretty funny article, Thalassa. It's kind of telling that he replaced the Roman garment with an armored breastplate. Kind of like saying "Oh no, you ain't getting in there, buddy..."
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

.........um that must make me horrible, hence i teach yoga..........NOT.........lmao i have no words left for this holy fool! *faceplants onto keyboard*

Comment

Oh no,I think I might be a satanist as I seem to have done every thing on Gwynwas's list. Calling the local holy roller preacher right now so I can be cleansed. Oh woe is me,woe is me!!!!!.......:B):
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Oh no,I think I might be a satanist as I seem to have done every thing on Gwynwas's list. Calling the local holy roller preacher right now so I can be cleansed. Oh woe is me,woe is me!!!!!.......:B):
                  hahahahahahaha im right with ya anu...according to that list im satan in person LMAO mg:

Comment

i told you you were evil :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                      i told you you were evil :P
                      hahahaha :P you did mention something along those lines...

Comment

Really? Bar codes? Ummmm what? 0.o

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          Really? Bar codes? Ummmm what? 0.o
                          *sigh* they think it has to do with the mark of the beast or something... I'm glad to say I really don't understand it...
                          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Barcodes are the mark of the beast, the symbol that shows allegiance to the anti-christ and you can't buy or sell without it. Other things people think the mark of the beast is: Credit cards, paper money, welfare, computer chips, usb dongles, and the irs, among many other things.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Looks like I'm possessed then. Can't say it feels much different.

Comment

Working...
                              X