Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pagan Forums Radio. - what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Forums Radio. - what do you think?

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
    haha pagan radio man, thats has a nice ring to it rain i may have to "borrow" that lol.

And thats the best part Danarius, it can all be done compleatly free, hmmm well if the admin are happy with us doing it ill happily set it all up and get it going, but i dont wanna be sued or anything, i suppose i could just do a non affiliated one :P

i dunno what do you guys think?
    It's not hard to do it free and legal at all! There are plenty of sites for podcasts as well as good-quality "royalty-free" music you can use. Back when I was doing it I searched around for some license-free music and I gotta yell you, I really loved some of what I found. I ended up downloading some of it for my own music collection, lol! There's a lot of good stuff out there if you know where to look.

Comment

I true it is easy to do for free im planning on using ustream, audacity, and windows media to run it on XD i got it allll firgured out lol, and yeah there is royalty free music we can use, annnnnnnnd being a lilttle naughty, aslong as no money was made from it, we could use youtube songs aswell for if any requests for current music came in, (atleast its leagal in england anyway) so no heres the question should we do it as a site thing which means we need to ask and get permission off the Mods and admin, but which also allows us to have a thread for requests and informatino and stuff, or should we do and unaffliated one and just pm the link around?

Comment

ok set up and sorted just need to get a specific piece of equipement to make it better and then ill start broad casting
        so im gunna need some fellow dj's

Comment

ok set up and sorted just need to get a specific piece of equipement to make it better and then ill start broad casting
          so im gunna need some fellow dj's
          how will people DJ ?
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

you'll need a mic, and some software (free to download and use), and 3.5 mm jack splitter and a double ended 3.5 mil jack then me to make a dj account and give you the password

Comment

I true it is easy to do for free im planning on using ustream, audacity, and windows media to run it on XD i got it allll firgured out lol, and yeah there is royalty free music we can use, annnnnnnnd being a lilttle naughty, aslong as no money was made from it, we could use youtube songs aswell for if any requests for current music came in, (atleast its leagal in england anyway) so no heres the question should we do it as a site thing which means we need to ask and get permission off the Mods and admin, but which also allows us to have a thread for requests and informatino and stuff, or should we do and unaffliated one and just pm the link around?
              I have no problem with the idea of having a thread in the Plugs section for information and requests but I would like to request that this is not directly affiliated with Pagan Forum, for legal and liability concerns.
              We do not have the available staffing to monitor an external source such as this, so this will need to be it's own entity monitored wholly by those of you who are volunteering.

Maybe things can be different in the future (this idea still needs to be discussed with the rest of the admins), but at this time I kindly request that this be treated as an external project. At least until a decision has been reached by the other admin as to how far involved we can/want get with this.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'd love to lend a hand, except with actually going on air. I did amateur radio in my teens and I can say for a fact that I do not have a good radio voice. Not to menation I don't have the equipment right now.
                But if anyone needs a hand with planning or any reasearch stuff I'd love to lend a hand.

Also I was thinking would anyone be interested in making other programmes than just music, either interviewes or maybe something about various facets of pagan life/practise, whatever? Maybe have two people from two different paths discuss their differences or something? I know the forum is here for things like that, but it is different when done live.
                Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                  Also I was thinking would anyone be interested in making other programmes than just music, either interviewes or maybe something about various facets of pagan life/practise, whatever? Maybe have two people from two different paths discuss their differences or something? I know the forum is here for things like that, but it is different when done live.
                  I had the same idea moon XD rather than just music i want to get interviews from different members on different idea's and topic, maybe people giving talks on things, think like a convention but on the radio XD

so as things stand i have the online station set up, however the studio of it is pretty standard, it works buts its awkward and hard to upload music and you cant turn the music down to talk over it and so on and so forth, so you can do a line in for the station and broadcast any information coming through yoru mic port, and i have software on my computer that is easy to use and works well. so im just figuring out how to get that working properly. so at the moment if theres any one good with computers, my idea is to get a double ended 3.5mm jack and a splitter, plus the solitter into the headphone port plus into that some headphones (so i can here whats being done) and then the double jack into that then back into the mic pport and transmit that stream onto the station. then i (and the other djs) can do our shos through the software.

iim hoping it would work if anyone knows better please let me know lol. and as it now stands i needs some DJ's so if anyone would like to volunteer.

Comment

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with all this splitting?
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      What exactly are you trying to accomplish with all this splitting?
                      the studio can accept a mic line for talking, well cos the studio is rubbish i intend to do the show on my laptop software and broadcast the whole thing through the mic line instead of just talking. so if i do the show on my laptop as normal it would come out of my laptop speakers.

but if i plug a double ended headphone jack into the headphone port the sound will go through that. then i can plus the other end of the head phone jack into the mic line it port to to put the show into the studio and broadcast live.

the point of the splitter is in the head phone port so i can hear the show

Comment

I have some (Talk) radio and podcasting experience, but A: Always prerecorded and B: I only have a usb mic.

I can certainly help out with script writing and some computer stuff though. I'd need to know more specifics about your setup and programs though.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

im using a usb mic aswell, and im planning on using some free software called mixxx to do the live show on

and im using krykey.com for the show, ill pm you the password and username so you can log in and see the studio

Comment

So we have a volunteer Denarius has volunteered to do interviews and news, do we have any other volunteers, we gunna need Djs weather people. and people to inter view and some people for talks on various subjects

Comment

*Laughs Manically* its alive its ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Where?! Where?!
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment