Psychic Cords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychic Cords

I know that Thal has asked me to re-post this a few times. It's been in my blog for years but I figured, it's probably a good thing to share in it's own topic, anyway. So here it goes:

Psychic cords are energetic manifestations between two people. They exist because the two people agreed to them (subconsciously). There is no victim when it comes to psychic cords, however they are almost always bad and unnecessary. There is no such thing as a healthy psychic cord. They usually suck up your energy and only transfer crummy energy back do you. If you always feel tired around a certain person, like they're sucking the energy out of you...it's because there's a psychic cord, or they're psychic vampires. The only exception to psychic cords is called "baby cords". These cords exist between a parent and their child and usually last up until age 6-8. Then they usually disconnect naturally. It's like a psychic umbilical cord.

To remove these unwanted cords is very very easy.
    • Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
    • Rub your hands together for a bit until they are warm and very sensitive to energy work.
    • Put your right hand down as it's not needed and use your left hand to scan the front of your torso (about an inch or so away from yourself) for cords. They are generally manifested on the front and back of the torso. Rarely anywhere else, like the arms, head and legs. Just let your hand find the cords.
    • When you find one, twist the cord around your finger once or twice. You may or may not see it. Every person is different. Some see, some feel, some smell, some hear, etc.
    • Say the following to the cord: 1) Thank you for your purpose of being here (who knows what that purpose was). 2) I don't need you anymore. 3) I release you.
    • You should feel or see it slip away, kind of like a strand of hair that gets caught in the wind. If it's not going away, do it again because you obviously didn't mean what you said.

One way to keep psychic cords from coming back is to keep yourself well grounded and keeping your boundaries strong. Protect yourself. There are many ways to protect oneself (which is a different topic all together).
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Psychic Cords

How come there is no such thing as a healthy psychic cord?
    Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Because they only drain your own energy and anything that's given back is usually just psychic trash that makes you feel even worse. Think of a person that you just can't stand being around because they are a total Debbie downer (no offense to anyone who's got that name) all the time and just make you feel like crap. Chances that they have a psychic cord attached to you are very high and likely.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      Sneak Attack

Comment

Psychic vampire is a term that rings a bell from something... I'm now very curious what that was all about. I may come back to this... Something is twanging in my brain..
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Domiel View Post
          How come there is no such thing as a healthy psychic cord?
          As Juni mentioned, only real exception to this is between a parent and a small child...and even then:

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          Because they only drain your own energy and anything that's given back is usually just psychic trash that makes you feel even worse. Think of a person that you just can't stand being around because they are a total Debbie downer (no offense to anyone who's got that name) all the time and just make you feel like crap. Chances that they have a psychic cord attached to you are very high and likely.
          Parenting a small child is effing draining. Don't get me wrong, its also rewarding, and kids to a certain point offer something better than most adults (because we haven't trained them out of it yet) that compensates for that energy loss...unconditional love.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Ok. I see your points.

Thanks.
            Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Can this occur between people and animals?

And what other psychic connections do you acknowledge and how do they interact with this concept? Is there a good and healthy kind for both parties?
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

While I agree with parts of this I disagree with quite a bit of it as well.

Cord cutting is not in my opinion simply gathering some supposed cord and snipping it. In nearly every practice I've ever encountered prior to the last few years the cords are seen more like silver bands that are composed of multiple attachments that occur between the self and anyone / anything you ever encounter. Nor are they a singular connection but almost like a spider web of connections in that they connect all over and via multiple sources.

For instance take ones first kiss. You have an emotional cord for the kiss itself. A secondary cord for the relationship that exists between the kisser and kissee that exists outside of the kiss. A cord that exists for the kisser and any common friends or experiences they share. Then you have the collateral cords that exist from shared experiences, shared friends, all things that are cross referenced in our experiences.

Then one has to figure that those cords are bound to the emotional body, the physical body, the spiritual body, the psychological body, an astral & etheral body or its projections. Any one of which can cause a re-formation of a cord connection or a re-vitalization of a weakened one or inactive one. Many buried in the recess of the mind and now a psychological silver cord that connects to the head. Encounter cords that usually attached to the presenting hand one extends for a handshake when meeting a new person.

It has seemed to have become a common notion of severing "Cords" today by simply cutting them that never existed 10 plus years ago. What we did have imho always reminded me of a spider sitting upon the center of its web and feeders coming in to all parts of its body, ie hairs, that tingled whenever something was tweaked.

Then factor in that none of that touched upon the shadow elements of ones self. Those things that they tried so desperately hard to ignore even from themselves. Yet still bound them to whomever or whatever experience created the silver cord that binds. Even fears that originated from things such as early tv shows that scared us and left an impression upon us but had no counter-part that one could lay blame upon as another living creature.

From a negative aspect one method of gaining access to a person for whatever foul purpose one might have. Especially given that our memories are recorded by association not linear placement so there are always multiple entryways into any protection they put up.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  For instance take ones first kiss. You have an emotional cord for the kiss itself. A secondary cord for the relationship that exists between the kisser and kissee that exists outside of the kiss. A cord that exists for the kisser and any common friends or experiences they share. Then you have the collateral cords that exist from shared experiences, shared friends, all things that are cross referenced in our experiences.

Then one has to figure that those cords are bound to the emotional body, the physical body, the spiritual body, the psychological body, an astral & etheral body or its projections. Any one of which can cause a re-formation of a cord connection or a re-vitalization of a weakened one or inactive one. Many buried in the recess of the mind and now a psychological silver cord that connects to the head. Encounter cords that usually attached to the presenting hand one extends for a handshake when meeting a new person.
                  I'm not entirely going out on a limb here, and my training isn't the same as Juni's (which is a pretty specific shamanic tradition), but I've done this in a workshop as a ritual with the same person she has...so I'm just going to say that ya'll aren't precisely talking about the same thing (even if it has the same name). Which isn't a biggie, its just a different way of experiencing things.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I'm not entirely going out on a limb here, and my training isn't the same as Juni's (which is a pretty specific shamanic tradition), but I've done this in a workshop as a ritual with the same person she has...so I'm just going to say that ya'll aren't precisely talking about the same thing (even if it has the same name). Which isn't a biggie, its just a different way of experiencing things.
                    That could be quite possible. The re-usage of terms under the pagan umbrella has created quite a few same named vastly different notions.

Comment

Something to consider is that I never stated that there is only one cord per person. It's not really something I focus on when I remove the cords. My primary objective is that the cord will be removed, regardless of whom or what it belongs to.
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Something to consider is that I never stated that there is only one cord per person. It's not really something I focus on when I remove the cords. My primary objective is that the cord will be removed, regardless of whom or what it belongs to.
                        About the only way I can compare it is by your position you'd look and see a dam and try to do something with it. My elders would call that blindness for in order to truly work the entire issue one has to know the makeup and construction of all that encompasses the dam. Know the layers and how they weaken or strengthen the greater structure and which parts can be removed without damaging the underlying structure and purpose. To know the historical body that is the dam and how age acts upon each layer and what is present in each layer.

So sorry cords are not just something that serves a negative aspect or drains away from the host they are connected to. That to my training is to neo-shamanic and new agey in construct and tries to make everything an all or nothing understanding and perspective. It ignores the allies and energy ribbons that tie us to our guides, totems, animals, etc that are wrapped within many of those cords. It ignores the very threads we use to project upon the inner and outer plains of ones journey work and the anchors that are contained within them that serve to keep us connected to this plain of existence when we go into altered states of consciousness or such.

Not to say I am right and your wrong, simply that what you present goes into almost total contradiction to what I've been taught over the past 54 years of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          About the only way I can compare it is by your position you'd look and see a dam and try to do something with it. My elders would call that blindness for in order to truly work the entire issue one has to know the makeup and construction of all that encompasses the dam. Know the layers and how they weaken or strengthen the greater structure and which parts can be removed without damaging the underlying structure and purpose. To know the historical body that is the dam and how age acts upon each layer and what is present in each layer.

So sorry cords are not just something that serves a negative aspect or drains away from the host they are connected to. That to my training is to neo-shamanic and new agey in construct and tries to make everything an all or nothing understanding and perspective. It ignores the allies and energy ribbons that tie us to our guides, totems, animals, etc that are wrapped within many of those cords. It ignores the very threads we use to project upon the inner and outer plains of ones journey work and the anchors that are contained within them that serve to keep us connected to this plain of existence when we go into altered states of consciousness or such.
                          Apparently there is some confusion as to what you and I mean by Psychic Cords.
                          I agree with when you say that we are all connected by strands of webs. Maybe even more like a tapestry of sorts. However, I call those connections Luminous Threads. They weave in and out and may even wind around one another but they are not the same thing as Psychic Cords.
                          I equate Psychic Cords more like shackles between people and they are not always deliberately there, either. Some cords latch on while the person doing so is completely unaware of it happening. And most of the time they dissolve or detach automatically. It is when they don't leave on their own that we must go in and remove them manually.
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

Apparently there is some confusion as to what you and I mean by Psychic Cords.
                            I agree with when you say that we are all connected by strands of webs. Maybe even more like a tapestry of sorts. However, I call those connections Luminous Threads. They weave in and out and may even wind around one another but they are not the same thing as Psychic Cords.
                            I equate Psychic Cords more like shackles between people and they are not always deliberately there, either. Some cords latch on while the person doing so is completely unaware of it happening. And most of the time they dissolve or detach automatically. It is when they don't leave on their own that we must go in and remove them manually.
                            I think we may. Those things your describing, or they way they work, I tend to simply call parasites or parasite attachments. They are sort of like leeches in that they take but give nothing in return and usually fall away once you pass by. However, at times like leeches they have to be burnt away or heated to make them let go. I usually see them as being dull grey in color when I view my astral / etheral body form. For me I tend not to think of them as cords but fibers so didn't even toss them into the pot here which is my mistake and might have helped clear things up a bit sooner.

Can't say I've ever really paid close attention as to where they attach but it makes sense to me they would be close to the heart chakra area. Though for pure energy i'd think they would be closer to the groin area where the emotional energy is more primordial than the heart area.

Sometimes I really wish we had a dictionary of common terms and definitions.

Comment

Do people actively create a psychic chord with you? Or can it just be a thing that grows? Or both?
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment