What is the meaning of your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the meaning of your life?

Modern man lives so - as if he were immortal. Modern man's life is so short. Given the environmental problems and stress. But there are people who do not think too much about your life. Drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco, there are those who use drugs.
    All of this destroys a man inside.
    Many philosophers have tried to answer the meaning of life?
    But it seems to me that the answer is that everyone should look within.

What is your meaning of life? How do you see it?

Re: What is the meaning of your life?

My meaning of life is simple:
    Love.
    Love.
    Then love some more.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Be the best person I can be, live a happy life and not take anything too seriously- like you (the original poster) looking within is of prime importance to me and I think if more people did it and changed their harmful habits we would all be so much more happier and free.

Comment

My life has no meaning.

Mostly art.

Comment

interesting thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

volcaniclastic why?

- - - Updated - - -

"My meaning of life is simple:
          Love.
          Love.
          Then love some more".

It is also interesting. Only in this concludes the meaning of your life?

Comment

I'm with Volcaniclastic on this one. Life is meaningless.

Just a bunch of biological organisms on a big blue ball floating around a solar system, which floats around a galaxy, in turn that floats around a Universe, with no particular place to go. We're born, we consume, we breed, we die.

I'm just in it for the free entertainment.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Looking at it in a physical way, life may seem pointless. But if it's so pointless, then why don't give it a point? Give it a spiritual meaning and a emotional meaning instead of just playing dead all the time.
              ~ flowers are our only garments
              only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I exist. Everything else is fluff.

The Divine placed me here to experience this life, and so existence continues. I chose to come because I love life, which is itself Love. Life yearns for itself.

The purpose of my life, of all life, is to exist. In so doing, life creates more life in its great yearning for itself, and so existence continues.

Comment

Can't tell in advance, only in retrospect.

Ask me right before I die.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Volniy View Post
                    Why not? We are just another animal, another life form among all the vast life forms of earth. What is the meaning of a butterfly? Or of a fox?

Live, and then die.

Mostly art.

Comment

All men are mortal. But distinguishes us from animals is that we can self-development. We can overcome yourself, not to stay at this level.

Comment

Life has meaning, but meaning is meaningless. So it doesn't matter.

Mortality is a limitation to be overcome, like having only one planet. I truly believe that we have within us the potential to become gods, through transhumanism.

I'd like to see a fox or butterfly try that!
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

interesting thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

volcaniclastic why?

- - - Updated - - -

"My meaning of life is simple:
                          Love.
                          Love.
                          Then love some more".

It is also interesting. Only in this concludes the meaning of your life?
                          I tried to distill my philosophy down to its simplest expression. And yes, for me, what gives my life meaning is love. Because I truly believe - in spite of the sometimes very weird and yes, tragic things that have happened to me in the past, that nothing's every truly lost. And love goes on forever.
                          But that's just me.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

All men are mortal. But distinguishes us from animals is that we can self-development. We can overcome yourself, not to stay at this level.
                            See, this whole 'overcoming' our simplistic existence is meaningless in and of itself. Nothing ever stands the test of time. We can leave physical remnants, some people leave their genes, but in the end death swallows everything. Yeah, you built a pyramid or performed some noble deed or had a buttload of grandkids - time kills everything. It may take it a hundred thousand years to do so, but it'll still erase it. The afterlife, or after-lives don't matter because you still die in this one. We all die at the end.

I figure the best I can do in this lifetime is make myself useful and not too annoying.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'm with Tylluan, but I'll also add beauty. To love, be loved, to create beauty, have beauty and enjoy beauty. (Beauty, of course, in a very broad sense and not a strict aesthetic.)
                              My Tumblr
                              My Webcomic
                              My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X