X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about the Holy Trinity

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
    I can absolutely agree with that!

I'll pose my own question, and you'll have the joy of embarrassing me if it's been asked already; what version of the Bible do you have? If you have multiple, which one is your favorite/most used?
    I have a Catholic Bible and a New International Version Bible. I like the translation in the NIV one more, its easier to read, but the Catholic Bible has more books! I should note however that my own bible collection is supplemented by a printed off copy of the Gospel of Thomas, because for me it is canonical.

And Enoch is necessary reading as well, but I don't own a copy of it.... I should....

NIV might not be the best translation there is, but it was given to me for free and I liked it, so the free copy has stuck around XD.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
      I have a Catholic Bible and a New International Version Bible. I like the translation in the NIV one more, its easier to read, but the Catholic Bible has more books! I should note however that my own bible collection is supplemented by a printed off copy of the Gospel of Thomas, because for me it is canonical.

And Enoch is necessary reading as well, but I don't own a copy of it.... I should....

NIV might not be the best translation there is, but it was given to me for free and I liked it, so the free copy has stuck around XD.
      I have a copy of Enoch down in the basement, but I'm too lazy to not only go down there, but also to look through some 100 books to find it. lol.

Ah, I have... The New Revised Standard Version. It has some extra books as well. It's the one copy I liked at the bookstore I went to, so... xD

It was either this, or the many versions of King James. *Shivers*

Comment

I have a copy of Enoch down in the basement, but I'm too lazy to not only go down there, but also to look through some 100 books to find it. lol.

Ah, I have... The New Revised Standard Version. It has some extra books as well. It's the one copy I liked at the bookstore I went to, so... xD

It was either this, or the many versions of King James. *Shivers*
        I've heard good things about NRSV! Some of my friends swear by it.

I... Also Shudder at KJV. Its not exactly my favorite. I don't think its anywhere close to an accurate translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
          I've heard good things about NRSV! Some of my friends swear by it.

I... Also Shudder at KJV. Its not exactly my favorite. I don't think its anywhere close to an accurate translation.
          It is pretty darn good. Really, my one reason for buying it aside from not being KJV, is that it doesn't say "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"... Though it's quite funny by not just saying "You shall not permit a sorcerer to live" but also adding that this sorcerer is a female. lol. Well, better that saying witch, I guess.

I can't remember what version the bibles at my catholic school are.... I'll have to ask one of my friends next time she's online.

Comment

It is pretty darn good. Really, my one reason for buying it aside from not being KJV, is that it doesn't say "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"... Though it's quite funny by not just saying "You shall not permit a sorcerer to live" but also adding that this sorcerer is a female. lol. Well, better that saying witch, I guess.

I can't remember what version the bibles at my catholic school are.... I'll have to ask one of my friends next time she's online.
            I went ahead and made us a thread for this convo, since we're so far off the original topic XD!

Continuing from the discussion in "Questions about the Trinity" What are your favorite translations of the Bible? - - - Updated - - - In response to Winter Traditions: I'm pretty sure the Catholic Bibles would have been "New American Bible" or NAB, that's at least what we used in Sunday school lol.

Comment

Working...
            X