Summer Solstice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Solstice

Here's a little CNN article about the summer solstice, with a slide show, for those of you who might be interested.

Solstice falls on K'Roe's birthday this year...

Summer solstice: It's all about sex
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Summer Solstice

I've been thinking about what I should mail my girlfriend for Midsummer, I didn't realize the holiday was so.... Fertility-y!

Jumping over firepits sounds fun XD.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

It's birthday season in our extended family! Four birthdays in a week and a half. Makes me wonder what we were all doing around March for three generations...

That generally keeps me crazy busy at midsummer. Maybe I can actually do something this year....
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing for Midsummer this year. But one thing's for sure- I'm definitely going to be charging my stones on June 23rd! (June 23rd, this year, is the Supermoon).

Comment

Winter Solstice! Yaaaaaaaay! Haha
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Happy Solstice everyone !

Comment

Merry Mid-Summer!
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Blessed Litha, everyone! What are ya'll doing for this Solstice?

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Winter Solstice! Yaaaaaaaay! Haha
                  Seconded!

Even though I love having a reason to celebrate, I'm MUCH more of a winter solstice person.

Comment

Happy Solstice (I'll leave it at that and you can add the proper season depending on your hemisphere). I leave for California Witchcamp tomorrow! Happy Solstice to me! It is my fifth year, but my first time not teaching in three years. Feeling excited and nervous!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix LeFae View Post
                      Happy Solstice (I'll leave it at that and you can add the proper season depending on your hemisphere). I leave for California Witchcamp tomorrow! Happy Solstice to me! It is my fifth year, but my first time not teaching in three years. Feeling excited and nervous!
                      Witchcamp? I have not heard of such a thing! I hope you have a good time ! What do you do at witchcamp?

- - - Updated - - -

upon further reflection that's kind of a dumb/awkward question. Feel free to ignore it XD!

Comment

Nothing dumb or awkward at all!! Witchcamps happen all over the world, they are based on Reclaiming style magic. During the day there are workshops and at night there are rituals; these are all connected to a central theme or myth. This year, California Witchcamp is working with the myth of Inanna. Check out www.witchcamp.org since they happen all over the place there might be one near you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Here's a little CNN article about the summer solstice, with a slide show, for those of you who might be interested.

Solstice falls on K'Roe's birthday this year...

Summer solstice: It's all about sex
                          I really loved that article Corbin, thank you for sharing it...
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                          X